Are there any smallmouth anglers here that appreciate the Saginaw Bay as much as I do? It's a fantastic fishery for quality bass that can be caught using all methods. 

There are a group of us that go to St Clair every year and meet up with some friends in Michigan.  We rent a cottage on Harsens Island and spend a week fishing like fools.  One of the Michigan guys is always lobbying for us to take a day trip up to the Bay.  It's just hard to leave St Clair.;)

I find the bass on Sag Bay are on average bigger than St Clair, but harder to find, especially in summer.  

I find the bass on Sag Bay are on average bigger than St Clair, but harder to find, especially in summer.  

ScottCollageWater4-5.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TOXIC said:

There are a group of us that go to St Clair every year and meet up with some friends in Michigan.  We rent a cottage on Harsens Island and spend a week fishing like fools.  One of the Michigan guys is always lobbying for us to take a day trip up to the Bay.  It's just hard to leave St Clair.;)

brother, in the spring or fall, you can catch some chunky ones. I spent a lot of my life on LSC, but the Saginaw Bay has been my preferred smallie destination because I can get quality and quantity. 

11 hours ago, MickD said:

ScottCollageWater4-5.jpg

11 hours ago, MickD said:

ScottCollageWater4-5.jpg

Very nice my man! I've caught many smallies on both bodies of water, but finding the big whammer jammers out of wildfowl bay or charities is what I really love.

WOW! That looks freakin amazing! I am actually more excited to catch Smallies then Largemouth this year!  Any of you guys on here ever make a trip to come to the Snake River at all?! i am beyond excited to catch smallies out of there, i recently moved to Boise Idaho.

I’m new here.  I live about 40 minutes away from bay city.  This will be the first full summer for my 14 ft mirror craft ( the road runner). I recieved last June As a wedding present.  I plan hitting the bay hard for walleye and of course small mouth.  I will be getting a bigger boat in about 2-3 years.  I just don’t know if it will be more of a walleye type boat or more of a bass boat 

Keep us posted on Ice Out and water temp.  I'm a little concerned about our end of May trip to St Clair and the late spring.  Y'all need some warm weather up there!!  

2 hours ago, TOXIC said:

Keep us posted on Ice Out and water temp.  I'm a little concerned about our end of May trip to St Clair and the late spring.  Y'all need some warm weather up there!!  

5ac22cb4bec07_02Apr18snow.png.422814598f7ba9022c7a3727dd89925d.png

Tell me about it.

:(

A-Jay