Had the opportunity to get down to Lake El Salto down in Mexico with the guys from Savage Gear and throw the Fat Vibe lipless crankbait.  These baits are phenomenal.  The fat body gives it a glide on the fall which was when a lot of our stikes happened. 

Here is the full report and some video from our trip. http://daveysworld.com/perfect-lipless-crankbait/

Bass 9.JPG

• Like 9

Ah crap, you had to introduce me to another lipless crank! :)

That looks really cool! I like the fat midsection idea, it must give the bait some pretty unique movement to it. I'll be trying this one out for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

images (2).jpeg

• Like 3

Lipless cranks is a big hole in my game. What are some "must have" baits? I have a few red-eye's but that's about it. 

1 minute ago, punch said:

Lipless cranks is a big hole in my game. What are some "must have" baits? I have a few red-eye's but that's about it. 

You can't go wrong with the sample Catt is showing you ..... color selection and price approved!

Rat-L-Trap

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, punch said:

I have a few red-eye's but that's about it. 

Me too.

:smiley:

A-Jay

58a321c354536_RESBox.thumb.JPG.6c6e2133396e92801e196e10de48f9ea.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, punch said:

I have not used the ones in the OP ad, but I do have probably a dozen different manufacturers lipless.  There aren't any bad ones that I know of.  I'd suggest that if I needed to simplify greatly I could probably go with Red Eye Shad (RES) for everything over 1/2 oz and Lucky Craft for everything 1/2 and below.  LC makes great large lipless, also, but I am not sure they're worth twice what RES cost...which is what I find often

• Like 1

I love me some red eye shads but Jackall makes a nice lipless also

• Like 1

Red Eye Shad has been my go-to for a while now, since at least 2007-2008.

Prior to that it was Bill Lewis Rat-L-Traps

This year I have a bunch of new to me lipless baits to try, namely the Berkley Warpig, and the Booyah rattling and one-knockers. For no other reason than I am bored with Red Eye Shads. That being said, the Red Eye Shads are not getting kicked out of my rotation, they will be in the boat ready to go if I don't care for the Berkley/Booyah baits.

I'll have to give it a go . I catch lots of bass on baits that that shimmy on the fall .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, A-Jay said:

Me too.

A-Jay

58a321c354536_RESBox.thumb.JPG.6c6e2133396e92801e196e10de48f9ea.JPG

I finally figured out that A-Jay is KVD's cousin and he gets the RedEyes from him, for nothing.  Why else would he have 40 of them?  For us average Joes.......... $240 for a box full is a little over the top.  So, next time you get together for a family thing, ask about getting a few for your good buddies here.

• Haha 2

Rapala Rattlin Baby Bass Fishing Lure - Bait Cast -and- Fish Reels

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papajoe222 said:

I finally figured out that A-Jay is KVD's cousin and he gets the RedEyes from him, for nothing.  Why else would he have 40 of them?  For us average Joes.......... $240 for a box full is a little over the top.  So, next time you get together for a family thing, ask about getting a few for your good buddies here.

Pre-season Inventory is often higher than Post season inventory; after the Esox lucius take a share. 

But nice work on the counting & Ancestry.com.

count.jpg

A-Jay

• Like 1

I have some red-eye shads and a few rat-l-traps.... idk, they're interesting ideas but until I catch something with one I can't say which is my favorite. I have to say though, that the rat-l-traps seem to have a better pop-up action than the red eyes. They really thump good when you rip them up. I can't get the red eyes to do that.

• Like 1

I will make my annual trip to Lake St Clair the end of next month and will have a full compliment of SPRO Aruku Shads.

aruku75_cellmate.png

• Like 2

I have red eyes, rat-l-traps, storm arashi vibes, and rapala rattln raps.  They all work!  Any color will work as long as it has some red in it for smallmouth in my area.

I haven't tried the Fat Vibe yet, but I have several Soft Vibes, and boy howdy do they catch fish!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TOXIC said:

I will make my annual trip to Lake St Clair the end of next month and will have a full compliment of SPRO Aruku Shads.

aruku75_cellmate.png

Such a nice looking bait, gonna have to grab a few!

Yup LC make (made?) a real big one. Here it is next to a 1/2 Rattle Trap. And it is LOUD. PS I dont sell.

DSCN0227.JPG

• Like 1

Those Savage Gear look similar to the old Xcalibur in shape, I'll have to try some. 

The Redeye shad and 2Tap are my favorites right now. I love how the shimmy on the fall so I can fish them slower in cold water. 

• Like 1

Rat-L-Traps have colors the others aint got!

IMG_20180414_054448.jpg

• Like 1

I have been using Red Eye Shads for the past few years, but the last couple I have tried have run poorly, turning over on almost every retrieve.  I bought them all at the BPS Classic sale and they are all the same color, so it's possible I got a bad lot, but its really annoying and I am done with them for a while.  I am going to pick up some Hard Knockers and some Rattle Traps the next time I make an order.  

IMG_20180414_053956.jpg

• Like 1