Big-Bass

WTB: TD-Z nose plate (chromed plastic front plate)

I am in need of 2-3 TD-Z nose plates in the chromed plastic that is around/below the level wind. I believe the part number is: G01-1601. Please let me know if you have one or more of them. Thank you!

I have one but they can be had from the tackle trap or Platt 

9 hours ago, Angry John said:

I have one but they can be had from the tackle trap or Platt 

That - Go to tackletrap. I was just looking at their parts. 

Supposedly that part has been discontinued and is out of stock.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:55 AM, Big-Bass said:

Supposedly that part has been discontinued and is out of stock.

State side almost all TD-Z parts are non existent for purchase from Daiwa. Drive shafts and gears are gone. Plat has most of the parts in stock. They have both the nose piece and handle nut retainer you are looking for in stock and are probably your only option. Shipping is 1-2 weeks.  

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/partsorder/language/en/products_id/330/

Nose is part 43 

Handle nut cover is 94

http://www.plat.co.jp/parts/DAIWA-BAITCAST/TD/TD-Z100M-00613977.pdf

Prices are in yen. 

I've got a few from the TT but they charge something like 12$ and plat charges $6.04 for them. The finish scars just looking at them so buy a few. 

I've got a couple TD-Z Type R+ nut plates I think somewhere. They do say "Type R" followed by the number on them though. Regular ones are just blank. 

If you are getting some for reels you fish and not for display, I suggest ordering a couple more than you need. The plastic locking tabs break really easily. 

11 hours ago, iabass8 said:

State side almost all TD-Z parts are non existent for purchase from Daiwa. Drive shafts and gears are gone. Plat has most of the parts in stock. They have both the nose piece and handle nut retainer you are looking for in stock and are probably your only option. Shipping is 1-2 weeks.  

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/partsorder/language/en/products_id/330/

Nose is part 43 

Handle nut cover is 94

http://www.plat.co.jp/parts/DAIWA-BAITCAST/TD/TD-Z100M-00613977.pdf

Prices are in yen. 

I've got a few from the TT but they charge something like 12$ and plat charges $6.04 for them. The finish scars just looking at them so buy a few. 

I've got a couple TD-Z Type R+ nut plates I think somewhere. They do say "Type R" followed by the number on them though. Regular ones are just blank. 

If you are getting some for reels you fish and not for display, I suggest ordering a couple more than you need. The plastic locking tabs break really easily. 

Thank you!  I was able to buy the last remaining five handle nut covers from a place stateside but I am still looking for the nose piece (and will probably get a few other nut covers to have since they will fit my CVZ, Fuego, TDX JDM, and TDZ reels).  If you have any R+ ones I would also be interested in those too.  Can I ask, how easy is the nose plate to replace?  Relatively simple?  Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Big-Bass said:

Thank you!  I was able to buy the last remaining five handle nut covers from a place stateside but I am still looking for the nose piece (and will probably get a few other nut covers to have since they will fit my CVZ, Fuego, TDX JDM, and TDZ reels).  If you have any R+ ones I would also be interested in those too.  Can I ask, how easy is the nose plate to replace?  Relatively simple?  Thanks!

Nose piece is probably the easiest piece on a TD-Z to replace. Pop off the side cover and there's a single screw that is the end of the levelwind bar. Just back out the screw completely from the reel and the nose piece will pop right off. New one will pop right in and just thread the levelwind bar through the levelwind guide and into the otherwise of the reel and screw it back in. 

I will look through my parts for the R+ covers. 

2018-04-16 18.16.51.jpg

This is what I have brand new doe's it look right?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Angry John said:

2018-04-16 18.16.51.jpg

This is what I have brand new doe's it look right?

Yep. That's it. 

Paid 12 from tt so just want my money back.  Three bucks shipping for an even 15.  That good?  Need any other daiwa parts....

I will take it!  Thanks and check your messages.

• Like 1