j bab

WTB: Knowing Bass by Keith Jones

36 minutes ago, J Francho said:

So we're clear, making and distributing a digital copy of the book violates copyright laws.

Peer to peer....

I just don't know why just about every time I check out a book that is out of print someone breaks into my car, I hate having to pay MSRP.

Of course one could do a Nicholas Cage out of the Lincoln Reading room, hypothetically of course...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, J Francho said:

So we're clear, making and distributing a digital copy of the book violates copyright laws.

I believe so.  That's why my wife told me not to do it.  She's an English teacher so I think she felt she had to tell me that.  I don't see why it's such a big deal when a book is no longer being printed and the secondary market is the only place you can find it.

It would be great if they could turn it into an eBook.  That way the author and publisher continue to make money off of sales and you get rid of the crazy prices of the physical books from secondary markets.

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's why my wife told me to do it

I believe you meant she told you NOT to do it. Unless you're saying your English teacher wife told you to commit a crime. I'm sure shed be happy with you! 😂😂

• Haha 1

I agree, an eBook would be great, but copyright is there, even if it's out of print for the life of the author plus 70 years.

16 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

I believe you meant she told you NOT to do it. Unless you're saying your English teacher wife told you to commit a crime. I'm sure shed be happy with you! 😂😂

I've noticed it ocurring more and more, where someone omits the negative and everyone under 40 ignores and assumes the opposite. 

5 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

Oops. I went back and fixed it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Oops. I went back and fixed it. 

Your couch isn't very comfortable eh? 😀

• Haha 1