8pt172

CV52hw vs GT52hw transducer

I am relatively new to this forum and am not sure how to reference old topics. So my question is:

I just picked up a Garmin echomap chirp 93sv and it came with the CV52hw transducer. Is there any significant difference in the picture compared to the GT52 which has a 3rd element for down view? Are the side views the same? I fish in freshwater less than 40 feet.... thanks 

From what I've read from several who are Garmin die hards there's no difference unless you're fishing really deep water (I think they said 60' +). Some will say otherwise, but I believe Humminbird does the same with some of their units and there aren't too many who have a problem.

47 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

From what I've read from several who are Garmin die hards there's no difference unless you're fishing really deep water (I think they said 60' +). Some will say otherwise, but I believe Humminbird does the same with some of their units and there aren't too many who have a problem.

Thanks, 

I have done fair amount of research and I do believe that the cv isn't as clear a pic as the gt, and it is app to miss some things. I have the chirp 93sv at console and have just ordered another bail mount, powercord, and the gt52 to put up front and will move the head unit back and forth for now till I can afford another head unit. Garmin says it is compatible with my unit but I worry if the software of firmware will actually use the down element in the gt or just use it the same as the cv. When I get everything hooked up I will let you know

20 hours ago, shatam said:

I have done fair amount of research and I do believe that the cv isn't as clear a pic as the gt, and it is app to miss some things. I have the chirp 93sv at console and have just ordered another bail mount, powercord, and the gt52 to put up front and will move the head unit back and forth for now till I can afford another head unit. Garmin says it is compatible with my unit but I worry if the software of firmware will actually use the down element in the gt or just use it the same as the cv. When I get everything hooked up I will let you know

No question, the down element in the GT transducer is used.