Jump to content
Wurming67

Punching Lox

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if any of you guys are using a punch setup in Lox?I see alot of post in lox about frogs,uvibe worms etc but don't hear about punching.Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't fished Lox, don't even know where that is...

But punching is punching no matter where you go.

 

Just use the most sensative heavy baitcasting rod you have, a quality reel spooled with a min of 65# braid, a few streamlined plastics, peg a 3/4 to 2oz tungsten weight to a heavy wire flipping hook and have some fun. 

 

 

 

 

Mike

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered a flipping stick and terimnal tackle for it havent done in a while but looking forward to it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitching and flipping are great techniques, but when it comes to enjoyment, its a zero for me.  I have spent time doing it, but its a lot of work for little action.  I have a set up, but don't often take it.  If fishing gets tough enough to need it, I will go home, and have a cold beer.  I just do what I like to do!😅

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, geo g said:

Pitching and flipping are great techniques, but when it comes to enjoyment, its a zero for me.  I have spent time doing it, but its a lot of work for little action.  I have a set up, but don't often take it.  If fishing gets tough enough to need it, I will go home, and have a cold beer.  I just do what I like to do!😅

Geo 

Yep, you're right it can be a lot to fling a 2oz weight and make 100 flips with it for hours. 

But when big mama shows herself and the fight is on, I got a feeling you'd put the beer down!!  😀😀

 

 

 

Mike

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did it manyyyyy years ago with my brother on Okeechobee there was no where near as many bites but much better quality bass,with summer coming I figured it might be a good way to land some good size bass in the heavy cover.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike L said:

 

Yep, you're right it can be a lot to fling a 2oz weight and make 100 flips with it for hours. 

But when big mama shows herself and the fight is on, I got a feeling you'd put the beer down!!  😀😀

 

 

 

Mike

Well said @Mike L. Sometimes you have to put in the extra work to catch fish that other people may not catch since they don't want to put in the work for. Flipping is a great technique for quality sized bass and a game changer for many once they start using it correctly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like everyone fishing the glades the last few months with big numbers I'm really burned out on these small fish I want to start targeting big bass,I know they are there,I fish with a guy occasionally he can't go no more than half hour without getting a fish or he gets very aggreviated,even though alot of the time the bait is bigger than the bass I'm just done with it , probably the reason I enjoy fishing by myself u can do your own thing and not be distracted just enjoy the freedom being out there away from all the madness of the world.I don't fish tournaments or fish for a living so it really doesn't matter how many or how big of fish I catch ,I just enjoy it .Got caught up on getting big numbers gotta refocus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was fishing tournaments I agree, you do what you have to get a check, including Flipping and Pitching.  Since I don't fish for competition, I do what I enjoy, and roll the dice.  I don't care what others do, its all about enjoying the experience, and catching some fish.  Hundreds of pitches for one fish is not why I'm out there.  Others can knock themselves out,  that's great if they catch a few big ones.  I throw them back anyway, and seldom measure or weight unless their over 8 pounds.  I'm done by noon, don't go in high winds, because I don't enjoy fighting the wind.   I'm not on a big fish hunt, It happens anyway, without flipping.  Its all about being out with friends, and having a good time, and finding some fish.  It doesn't get any better then that, for me!  I will tell exactly where I'm fishing, what I'm doing, and willing to help others.  I know people on this sight that will not give any accurate info, will post others pics from the internet and claim the pics are theirs.  I am happy when others I take do well.  Its none competitive for me, I spent 43 years in a highly competitive business, fishing was my relief from that pressure, and always will be.  Do what you enjoy, and have fun.  When it stops being fun, I'll stop.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's what great about our sport everybody does it for different reasons,I have a friend that fishes he has his own boat fishes by himself he uses fishing as therapy due to alot of combat in the middle East .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, geo g said:

If I was fishing tournaments I agree, you do what you have to get a check, including Flipping and Pitching.  Since I don't fish for competition, I do what I enjoy, and roll the dice.  I don't care what others do, its all about enjoying the experience, and catching some fish.  Hundreds of pitches for one fish is not why I'm out there.  Others can knock themselves out,  that's great if they catch a few big ones.  I throw them back anyway, and seldom measure or weight unless their over 8 pounds.  I'm done by noon, don't go in high winds, because I don't enjoy fighting the wind.   I'm not on a big fish hunt, It happens anyway, without flipping.  Its all about being out with friends, and having a good time, and finding some fish.  It doesn't get any better then that, for me!  I will tell exactly where I'm fishing, what I'm doing, and willing to help others.  I know people on this sight that will not give any accurate info, will post others pics from the internet and claim the pics are theirs.  I am happy when others I take do well.  Its none competitive for me, I spent 43 years in a highly competitive business, fishing was my relief from that pressure, and always will be.  Do what you enjoy, and have fun.  When it stops being fun, I'll stop.

Thats the idea! ;)

Well Said 

 

 

 

Mike 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fish

    bass fish

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×