blongfishing

Weirdest pattern you’ve ever been on?

36 minutes ago, Turkey sandwich said:

@scaleface well, he didn't launch the boat intentionally...

Oh , I thought you meant he took { launched his boat} off from a different area than the rest of the field  . My comprehension skills failed   me .

• Like 1

This really isn't a pattern for bass, but for southern bass fishermen, I doubt this is something they've ever seen. When we fish in Canada for pike, a very productive pattern is trolling in the prop wash. With the engine running, you troll and toss your lure, usually a spoon, in the prop wash, 6-10 feet behind the boat. Very productive way to catch northerns. 

When fishing around heavy standing reeds or thick cover, you can't horse a big pike out of the thick stuff like you can with a bass. If you do get one deep in the weeds, getting him out is almost impossible. What the guides would do is take a weedless spoon like a Moss Boss and remove the hook. They'd throw that up into the thick stuff and pull it out along the surface. When the pike move toward it, they reveal themselves with big wakes in the shallow water. Drawing them out into the open water, the guest then throws his bait out in front of the hungry pike. Worked like a charm. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

I hate bats.  

Not only because the are always buzzing my head, but what's even more frustrating is trying to determine if a bite is a bite - or a stupid bat 'ticking' my line.  Had to learn to fish 'rod low' - when I need to.

Don't like it, but I can do it.

Like em just fine when they over yonder!

Not so much when they in your face...had one hit the bill of my hat!

• Haha 1

I had one of my 100+ fish days this winter casting a 1oz jigging spoon as far as I could and reeling it as fast as I could, skipping along the surface if possible. Never thought I'd crush them burning a jigging spoon but I sure did. 

• Like 1

sight fishing off a dock. a bass cruising by itself would bite every time. bass cruising in groups of 2 or more would not bite at all

1 hour ago, Hyrule Bass said:

sight fishing off a dock. a bass cruising by itself would bite every time. bass cruising in groups of 2 or more would not bite at all

Kinda like a buddy talking you outta ordering that last shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Road construction barrel pattern, caught 3 5+bass off one with a jig.

Allen

Cattle fences in the water on Cherokee lake. A couple years back I was fishing a derby and the lake was up. I caught fish on 3 separate cattle fences paralleling them with a spinnerbait. I’m just glad none of them had any electricity hooked to them. 

• Like 1

Dead sticking a lipless crank bait on a flat bottom in about 10ft of water. 

• Like 1

Casting the bait up on the bank and then dragging the bait back into the water.  If the bait landed in the water you might as well reel it in, and try again. 

On 5/16/2018 at 4:18 PM, Catt said:

Here's one for ya @A-Jay

There's a little 1/4 acre island in the middle of Toledo Bend that I night fish quite often. If I pull up & notice the bats are flying it's going to be a productive night!

I don't know if that's weird, superstitious, or what but if they flying pull your hat down tight!

On 5/16/2018 at 4:25 PM, A-Jay said:

My 'guess' is that the bats are on bugs, which just might be the beginning on the food chain for the evening. 

And for the record @Catt- I hate bats.  

Not only because the are always buzzing my head, but what's even more frustrating is trying to determine if a bite is a bite - or a stupid bat 'ticking' my line.  Had to learn to fish 'rod low' - when I need to.

Don't like it, but I can do it.

:smiley:

A-Jay

My most successful night trips have always been when there are bats flying right along the waterline.  Like @A-Jay said, I think if the bats are close to the water, so are the insects that baitfish will feed on.

• Like 2

Sunny Clear Blue skies, 1-2 pm in the afternoon , 10-12 foot water visibility, Bubblegum and Methiolate Trick Worms twitched at the surface 2 or 3 feet outside the edge of Pad fields. I've also caught Bass on a Zara Spook Pattern with the same conditions. It may not be considered a weird pattern, but it goes against many schools of thought.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, IndianaFinesse said:

Weightless pink trickworms twitched around the surface like who knows what, I like to call it 4 year old girl fishing lol.  I like to fish them tied straight to high vis braid, especially when fishing with people that are believers in line shy fish and "matching the hatch" lol.

I really hammered them the other day on that weightless pink trick worm. No idea why it works, but it does.