41 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Kastking responded publicly that they would take care of him. I don't feel like we're getting the full story.  Frankly, I don't care anymore.  You can offer all the help in the world, and yet still some people won't take it.

I am talking to KastKing now with Glenn's help. I privately messaged you to explain the circumstance. They told me my warranty was out. But I am pleased to get a second chance with KastKing.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting an update!

Dude, all 4 of my Kastking reels, (Royale, Stealth, Spartacus Plus, Sharky II) are very high quality reels for the expense. I have less than $150 in them. It's really not worth it to not try them. I'm a huge fan.

• Like 3

I am reopening this thread to give a quick review on 4 KastKing reels I purchased this spring.

I had 2 baitcasters and 2 spinning reels that were wore out and needed replaced.

I was planning on spending around $600.00 to replace these reels, but decided to tryout a couple kastkings after reading reviews here.

the total for the following 4 reels cost me  $210.00 on Amazon.

I did not buy them all at once. They were purchase over a 1 month time frame.

First reel was a sharky II in size 3000 for my shakyhead rod. it is on a medium action 7 ft rod, filled with 10lb power pro.

it is surprisingly smooth and has worked flawlessly

second reel was a sharky III in size 2000 for my ned rig rod. It is on a medium light 7 ft rod,  filled with 8lb.  trilene xl.  This reel is impressive. The smoothest spinning reel that I own. it fishes way above its price range.

third reel was an Assasin for my chatterbait/spinnerbait rod. it is on a medium heavy 7ft. rod and filled with 15lb. high seas grand slam.

at first it made a lot of noise. I was going to send it back, but decided to clean and lube it first. found the noise was coming from a dry centrifugal braking system. put a light  coat of lube on the brake ring and it has worked flawlessly for 2 months. this reel is extremely smooth, casts a mile and when set right, gets zero backlashes.

last reel was the speed demon. I put this on my 7.5 ft medium heavy pitching rod. it is filled with 15lb high seas grand slam.

this reel has impressed me the most. The larger frame size fits my palm perfectly.

It is extremely smooth and has very little backlashing issues. all without a centrifugal brake.

the 9.3 to 1 gear ratio is great. very easy to catch up with a fish that bites and swims toward the boat.

the high speed is also nice for quickly reeling in, between pitches.

Not sure why, but I can pitch a bait much farther with this reel, than any other I own.

I was very skeptical at first because of the low price. 

Only time will tell on how long they will last, but at the moment I am impressed.

Even if they only last a few years, the cost was around 1/3 the price I was originally planning for these 4 reels.

• Like 1

I ordered a matching KastKing Speed Demon Pro rod and reel a couple days ago that will hopefully be here early next week. Really excited to get to use that setup. Got the 7' 3" M/F (which is rated more like a MH at 10-20lb test and 3/8-1oz baits). It's going to be a jig and plastics rod for me. 

Since this thread keeps popping up...

Forum user makes comments about Daiwa reels being trash, no mods comment.

Forum user makes comments about Shimano reels being trash, no mods comment.

Forum user makes comments comments about a Kast King reel being trash, DING DING - HERE COME THE MODS.

I hope Kast King doesn't start making senko-style baits... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, offsidewing said:

Forum user makes comments comments about a Kast King reel being trash, DING DING - HERE COME THE MODS.

Good observation.....

1 hour ago, offsidewing said:

Or a reel with a number of bearings that’s between twelve and fourteen. 

• Like 1

I have no financial gain for my previous post.

it was just an honest review of a group of reels that I wrongly felt were over hyped.

are they at the same level as high end Shimanos or Diawas?

probably not, but in my opinion they are better than any other reel in their price range.

the reels I bought were replacing a couple old silver maxes and a couple old pflueger presidents.

the KastKings are much better reels than either one of those.

one thing people have to take into consideration is the KastKing reels are 1/3 the price of most high end reels.

• Like 1

I bought a kastking speed daemon last year it lasted 2 months then fell off my rod. I sent it in to get replaced and never saw it again. There are plenty of low price reels on the market make by quality companies I would go with one of those. If you compare a kastking with reels from shimano, Lews or abu that are in the same price range I feel like Kastking is a rip-off.

• Like 1

Alright so I don’t get banned, I will put this disclaimer, if I were KastKing i would do exactly what I am asking. 

When I was younger I dabbled in something I was good enough at to get sponsored gear. This gear looked identical to what everyone else could buy, but let me tell you it was light years better than the over the counter product. They of course did this to sell product by us winning with their gear and talking it up, way before social media and smart phones;)

My question to the mods and KastKing is do you buy direct from them, or off of amazon. Essentially are you getting random reels or hand picked reels? Personally I would hope it is the latter. This I am guessing wouldn’t be any different than other sponsored guys getting hand picked reels from their reel sponsors. 

I have no horse in the race, I did pass on a KastKing reel a year or so ago, because I could get a Daiwa Laguna cheap, that I knew I liked because I had used one before. 

I will I’ll say if you guys are getting random reels I would definitely be more impressed. 

KastKing Royale Legend Casting is OK...great fishing rod...

12 hours ago, cgolf said:

My question to the mods and KastKing is do you buy direct from them, or off of amazon.

They send us reels for evaluation.  I do not believe they are cherry picked.  I know myself and @Bluebasser86 have purchased them online.  I used Amazon, and there was no discount.

• Thanks 1

There is no shame knowing who butters your bread as a website owner.  Everybody ought to know that.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J Francho said:

They send us reels for evaluation.  I do not believe they are cherry picked.  I know myself and @Bluebasser86 have purchased them online.  I used Amazon, and there was no discount.

Thanks for the reply and that is awesome to hear. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 11:38 PM, new2BC4bass said:

I've not used a KastKing, but as you can see some on here have and like them.  There are other options if you are leery of trying another.  A Fuego CT can be found for less than $60.  It would be my first choice.  I admit to being a Daiwa fan.  It got a "Best Value Award" from TT.  The H2O Xpress Mettle is regularly $60 and goes on sale occasionally.  Never used one myself, but others on here have and say they are good reels for the money.  Or keep an eye open on the For Sale forums.  I've picked up a $250 reel for $65 that was in excellent condition.  Closeouts can also be a great way to get a new reel.

I thought long and hard about getting the Mettle, but I think at the time they didn't have a model faster than 6.3:1. So I went for the TAC-40 and I'm very impressed. But I should be. It was $100.