Happybeerbuzz

Tactical Anglers Power Clips

Any opinions on these?  They look like they would be convenient, but I wonder if even the 50# size which is the smallest would be too bulky for bass applications. 

Bulky? It about the same size as other clips but thicker. it depends what you gonna use it for, if for moving bait like crank bait, lipless chatterbait or even topwater lure should be no problem. Plastic? Normally I don't use clip with those type lures. Jerkbait? Not with this clip  since it quite heavier than other clips and would make your jerkbait sink.

I've been using them for about a year (bass and inshore). Way easier/faster than other clips. I haven't had one "pull apart" yet. So far, fish don't seem to care there's a clip in front of the lure. As mentioned, be careful with the lure size and weight.

7 hours ago, JustJames said:

Bulky? It about the same size as other clips but thicker. it depends what you gonna use it for, if for moving bait like crank bait, lipless chatterbait or even topwater lure should be no problem. Plastic? Normally I don't use clip with those type lures. Jerkbait? Not with this clip  since it quite heavier than other clips and would make your jerkbait sink.

Yeah, the thickness is what I am talking about when I said ‘bulky’.  Do you just use them the stock split rings that come with lures or do you take the rings off?  Also no problems with pulling the front of top waters down?

I got some of these a while back when I was looking for a fast clip and while really easy to use I did find these way too bulky for my preference.  These clips would be my go-to for larger baits for like muskie or pike, or for saltwater applications, but for freshwater LMB I think they're too much.

I used Norman Speed Clips for a while but when it's cold and my fingers are numb they can be difficult to pinch open, so now I'm using the Decoy V-Snaps, which I think are perfect.

2 hours ago, Happybeerbuzz said:

Yeah, the thickness is what I am talking about when I said ‘bulky’.  Do you just use them the stock split rings that come with lures or do you take the rings off?  Also no problems with pulling the front of top waters down?

I use this clip instead of split ring on top water lure. Top water is buoyancy enough that I don't see much of affect.