How do you guys cut the legs on your frogs? Very short or leave them long? And what are the benefits of long or short legs?

I don't ever cut the legs on my hollow belly frogs since I want a bigger profile bait but there are plenty of people in some of the areas I fish that cut the frog legs to catch the smaller bass that have a hard time taking in the frog.

I normally take an inch off one side and an inch and a 1/2 off the other.  I don't really cut them short.  The different lengths allow it to walk better.  I do not cut the legs on popping frogs.  They buck (for lack of a better term) better with longer legs.  I am not really trying to walk them side to side as that would defeat the popping.  

I always cut my legs and not to catch smaller fish but because I want the bass to focus on the bulk mass/body of the bait not what's flitting around behind it. I would actually remove them but don't want water to get in the holes. 

I like em fried with tator tots! 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nope.

7 hours ago, Catt said:

I like em fried with tator tots! 😉

I agree. A mess of fried frog legs is hard to beat.

• Haha 2

I turn the frog upside down so the legs are hanging down with the frog, and trim them so that they're roughly the same length as the body. I notice with longer legs I end up getting short strikes so trimming them down a bit helps