Burros

Shaving subscriptions

Been thinking about getting these razors monthly but don’t know what company to go with dollar shave club or Harry’s theirs bunch of mixed reviews on YouTube so I can’t make up my mind. I was using the Schick hydros from Costco but all the Costco’s in my town stop carrying them.

• Like 1

Let it grow!

Chicks dog it! Or at least my wife does a!

• Like 1

I started to use DSC on a recommendation from a friend, and I’m extremely impressed with the razors. I would definitely recommend them. I use to pay $40 for a box of 8 razors for the Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide, the the DSC razors are so much better and less irritating and also less than half the price. The shave butter they make is great also. I could never go back to using regular foam shaving cream.

But you’ll never catch me with a totally clean shaven face.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

Let it grow!

I enjoyed this even more with the typo.

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

I enjoyed this even more with the typo.

A-Jay

LOL! Holy cow! Epic fail! I've got nothing.....😂

It's so bad I won't even edit it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, 12poundbass said:

LOL! Holy cow! Epic fail! I've got nothing.....😂

It's so bad I won't even edit it. 😉

Please don't.

It's Perfect.

A-Jay

• Thanks 1

I don’t know what it is but I hate beards. I can deal with a goatee but I prefer clean shave I believe it’s more professional you don’t see the president or any politician, really, sporting a scruffy face that’s because they have to represent! And I believe it’s the same thing with me personally I have to represent myself in a manner that is fitting to who I am so I shave I used to have a gotee here and there and might sport one when I go on vacations and when I say vacations I mean camping by the lake because that’s how I take vacations.

So that’s why I need some razors and it seems like the practical thing to do, is get a few in the mail for half the price, well that’s what some good marketing has shown. I feel maybe it’s not such a bad idea?

10 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

Let it grow!

so if he grows a beard, he has a shot with your wife?

• Haha 2

I pay 15.00 dollars every 3 months for 8 blades from Harry's. Excellent shave and I have a very heavy beard. Retired and no longer need to shave every day. There's no contract..I'm very happy ...

• Like 1

I have been using Harry's since they started and no complaints at all.  I wouldn't go back to another brand now.  I also shave my head so they get some use and stay sharp for a long time.  You can now get them in target but if you ship them, they are pretty fast.  I even contacted my sales person and asked if they had some of the older versions of the blades without the trimmer, they can cut my ear if i am not careful when shaving my head, and they sent me what they had for next nothing.  Great company....

8 hours ago, Burros said:

I don’t know what it is but I hate beards. I can deal with a goatee but I prefer clean shave I believe it’s more professional you don’t see the president or any politician, really, sporting a scruffy face that’s because they have to represent! And I believe it’s the same thing with me personally I have to represent myself in a manner that is fitting to who I am 

i hate myself 😕

• Haha 1

Look for mid 60’s Gillette fat boys and buy safety blades. Nothing like old school shaves...and a heck of a lot cheaper than multi-blades.

.....but don’t kid yourself, chicks dog a furry face, especially a white one 😎

• Haha 4

I went with Harry’s since they are available threw target still half the price and seem like good blades haven’t tried them yet but seems like a good deal.

• Like 1

I was with Dollar Shave club for awhile. I had a subscription for their twin blades every month. I didn't like the cheap plastic handle. I upgraded to the 4 blades razors 4 cartridges every other month. The handle for those razors are much more substantial but it broke where the blade pivots after a few months. Handle costs $5 to replace. Same thing happened again after a few months so I switched to Harry's.

With Harry's I have the 8 cartridges for $15 every 5 months. I can get close to a month's worth of shaves from 1 Harry's cartridge. The handle is excellent and the pivot is built into the cartridge not the handle.

I been using Harry’s for the past week and I’m not very impressed with the product to be honest...I may need to get used to the blades but I’m considering going back to some of the more expensive brands. I’m going to give it some time I’ll probably get used to them, I have no choice I can’t let the refills go to waste. I kinda did the math, and really your only saving like ten bucks on refills. And I’m definitely not going with the dollar shave club because I heard they are pretty much the same. 

Live and learn I guess?

34 minutes ago, Burros said:

I been using Harry’s for the past week and I’m not very impressed with the product to be honest...I may need to get used to the blades but I’m considering going back to some of the more expensive brands. I’m going to give it some time I’ll probably get used to them, I have no choice I can’t let the refills go to waste. I kinda did the math, and really your only saving like ten bucks on refills. And I’m definitely not going with the dollar shave club because I heard they are pretty much the same. 

Live and learn I guess?

The blades do take some getting used to. They are on a different angle than the Gillette blades that most cartridge shavers are accustomed to. It's harder to shave my chin with Harry's blades.

I actually like the Dollar Shave Club blades better. The problem is their crummy handles, they break easy. Having to buy a new handle every few months negates any savings you might get.

The cheapest way to save on shaving I have found is to wait for a wholesale club (BJ's, Costco, etc) to have a coupon on razors and then buy them in bulk. I just prefer the convenience of the subscription service.

• Like 1

I started shaving my face with an old school double edged safety razor several years ago and havent looked back. The blades are much cheaper and give a great shave once you get used to using them. I still use a mach 3 to shave my head with as they are a little more forgiving of the contours of my head. I also ditched the modern day canned shaving cream in favor of shaving soap and a brush. I love the stuff and can never see myself going back to canned shaving cream.

• Like 1