Brett's_daddy

Huk Neck Gaiter

Do any of you know how far these gaiters come down both front and back around your neck? I've found a decent deal on them but if they rise up on you when you move, exposing your neck either in the front or back then they wouldn't work well. I've seen both the Kryptek and the Trophy models on sale recently.

I have one and it's not all that long. I usually wear it pulled over my head and under a baseball cap and my neck is a little exposed. But I wear it to keep the mosquitoes and no-see-ums out of my ears more than I do for sun protection.

You can find Buff ones cheap if you look for sales. They’re plenty long. No chance you’ll have issues with them not covering what you need them to...unless you’re a giraffe. 

• Haha 1

The Huk ones are plenty long, they are just a little narrow so they don't spread much at the bottom. I just double check that they're pulled down and that the back of my shirt collar is pulled up, never had an issue getting burned in strips like I did with my SA.

I have gone through a bunch and the husk, while long enough are tight.

Columbia’s are hard to be, but a tad more expensive......but they don’t feel like your wearing a plastic bag

I got a couple of the Cabela's Guidewear ones on some crazy BF clearance and they are really nice.  They have a mesh nose/mouth spot and are more "fitted" then the ones that are just tubes.  I think I bought 4-5 of them and keep them stashed in all my fishing/hiking bags and packs.