Desync

Want To Buy: Baitcaster Reel and Rod or Spinning Reel - $120 budget

Looking to buy a decent baitcaster rod and reel or I have an extra spinning rod, so i will also look at spinning reels. Got $120 budget.

Currently interested in any brands, but I'm very OCD about scratches and dings I didn't put on the gear, and also color matching is a plus.

I have a curado I for 110 or a curado g5 for 100

right or left handed on the baitcaster ?

Just now, SURFSLUG said:

right or left handed on the baitcaster ?

Right

ok i have lefties sry

Pm sent 

I'd buy a new Dobyn's Colt casting rod for $80 and a Daiwa Fuego (https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2017-Daiwa-Fuego-CT-6-3-1-Casting-Reel-FGCT100H-/272610084088?hash=item3f78d3c4f8) for $57 (after using the 15% off code PLAYFUL15 on eBay checkout. That's a brand new combo for $137 that's hard to beat!

why not look at the  Abu Garcia Pro Max Low Profile Baitcast Reel and Fishing Rod Combo i paid $83 bucks for mine great combo for the price

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 7:59 AM, SURFSLUG said:

why not look at the  Abu Garcia Pro Max Low Profile Baitcast Reel and Fishing Rod Combo i paid $83 bucks for mine great combo for the price

What im most likely gonna do, I already use a black max combo, so might as well keep the same name and get a Pro Max

On 6/23/2018 at 2:05 PM, Desync said:

Looking to buy a decent baitcaster rod and reel or I have an extra spinning rod, so i will also look at spinning reels. Got $120 budget.

Currently interested in any brands, but I'm very OCD about scratches and dings I didn't put on the gear, and also color matching is a plus.

Sounds like if you're a little OCD about the scratches and dings, you may be best off getting brand new purchases.

Cabela's Bargain Bin has some good deals just around your budget. https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/fishing/_/N-1102767/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_105740280

Daiwa Fuego CT - $69.88 RH 7.3:1 (you can get this cheaper on EBay when they have a coupon deal)

Fenwick Silverhawk II - $59.99 Various models

Cabela's Tourney Trailer - $29.99 Various models, this is a good rod for the money and has a lifetime warranty

Other options are the Daiwa Aird X which retails for about $50-55, also a very good rod for the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junger said:

Sounds like if you're a little OCD about the scratches and dings, you may be best off getting brand new purchases.

Cabela's Bargain Bin has some good deals just around your budget. https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/fishing/_/N-1102767/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_105740280

Daiwa Fuego CT - $69.88 RH 7.3:1 (you can get this cheaper on EBay when they have a coupon deal)

Fenwick Silverhawk II - $59.99 Various models

Cabela's Tourney Trailer - $29.99 Various models, this is a good rod for the money and has a lifetime warranty

Other options are the Daiwa Aird X which retails for about $50-55, also a very good rod for the money.

I was looking hard at the Fuego CT on eBay, then got to thinking about the Pro Max since I already use a Black Max. 

But now that you've mentioned the Arid X, that with the Fuego seems like a decent combo for the price.

5 hours ago, Desync said:

I was looking hard at the Fuego CT on eBay, then got to thinking about the Pro Max since I already use a Black Max. 

But now that you've mentioned the Arid X, that with the Fuego seems like a decent combo for the price.

There's a good deal going on at an online vendor out of Kentucky where you can buy an Abu Garcia Revo S 4th gen reel for $130 TYD and an Abu Garcia Veritas 3.0 rod of your choice FREE. I just did this deal for my wife and it's pretty sweet!!!