pauldconyers

Anyone tried Big Bite Baits Squirrel Tail Worm on a shaky head?

I watched this video and really liked the look and action and wanted to give them a try. Very reasonably priced though I have heard they are not the most durable. Thing is it looks like they came out in 2009 and that they were available a lot of different places. But after looking around it looks like they are hard to find and when you do they are kind of pricey like they are in limited quantities or something. Makes me think they aren't very good or weren't very good for whatever reason so I was just curious if anyone had an opinion on them?

https://youtu.be/wMLkW04F4d0

I thought the same but had better luck with the old reliable Trick Worm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the green with chartreuse tail and they've worked well. My girlfriend, who is much more patient than I, always fishes plastic worms and usually switches between the senko and squirrel tail depending on the conditions. They work for sure.

I saw that vid too, kinda piqued my interest. Only problem is I probably have more plastics than I’ll ever use already. 

• Like 2

I have the green with chartreuse tail also. Had very good results the first day I used them. Only problem was bluegill love them too and would many times bite off the tail. This the lure I went to Bass Pro to buy and they were all sold out except for the one I got. So somebody at least is using them lol

Bought one pack. Bluegill or Rock bass bit the tail off of every single one in about a 1/2 hour, threw the nubs on the floor of the boat in disgust , went back to catching fish on a shaky head with worms that didn't get destroyed if a pan fish was within 100 miles of it.

1 hour ago, ww2farmer said:

Bought one pack. Bluegill or Rock bass bit the tail off of every single one in about a 1/2 hour, threw the nubs on the floor of the boat in disgust , went back to catching fish on a shaky head with worms that didn't get destroyed if a pan fish was within 100 miles of it.

Is this the case with all chartreuse tailed worms that stick up or just this brand for some reason?

I bought quite a few packs after seeing that video. And now they take up shelf space. The best I have done with those worms are on a drop shot but even then I prefer a roboworm. Their durability stinks as well. They seem to have great action but for whatever reason the bass near me hate them.

• Like 1