thinkingredneck

any elaztec devotees? (other than Ned rig)

I know a lot of people on here use the TRD on the Ned, and there is one post about their fluke type bait.  Anyone have much experience with other products like their worms or full sized stick baits?  If so, how did they do?

I had a crawdadz z Texas rigged for 12 bass.  I did have to flip it over as the hook shank was causing the hole to open up at the back.  I ran out of time fishing and had to go was the only reason I stopped fishing it. 

I have all kinds of them.  I was in a mom and pop store when they were closing them out.  The local customers would not buy them.  I made them an offer on all of their stock and they took it.  I got worms, French fries, lizards, jig trailers and trds .  I guess I have close to 200 pkgs.  So I am a believer and use some of it every trip.  I haven't caught anything on the French fries but everything else is working.

Neko rig with full size Zinker. It's a trick to get the nail weight in... heat a paper clip wire to make a channel then super glue... but it really works.

• Like 1

Besides the TRD, I have used the following:

Pop ShadZ 5 inch for topwater.  Fish it like a frog or pop bait.  I love the fact that you can rig it weedless or with a treble hook.  I started fishing it this year and got one big fish and lost another big one on the same bait that I am still using.

ZinkerZ.  I cut it in half and use on my ned rig.  Love it.

Scented curly tailZ 4 inch.  I use it on my dropshot and it is highly effective and durable.

Boar HogZ and Magnum FattyZ on a swinghead,diesel Minnow on an open hook jighead, trick shotz on a drop shot.  

Today is drop shot day and I plan in playing with several set up including  elaztec. I did not like their fluke as it was to boyant and had a tough time getting  a nail in it and still have it run true

I’ve had great success using tha fatty z on a dropshot rig and a Carolina Rig . Once the worm gets torn up a bit I will cut about an inch and half off of it and glue ir to the back of a finesse jig ( 1/4 oz bitsy bug ) for a trailer.

On 6/30/2018 at 12:57 PM, Bass Turd said:

Neko rig with full size Zinker. It's a trick to get the nail weight in... heat a paper clip wire to make a channel then super glue... but it really works.

Thanks for this tip, Bass Turd. This works to make a channel into which I screw an Owner CPS then apply a drop of Loctite Gel.

• Like 2

I really like their paddle tail baits, great action even at slow speeds. I’ve mostly used the 3” minnowz on open hook jig heads. I’ve had inconsistent results keeping them on screw locks which is why I use jig heads.

I use their tubez for smallmouth rigged on a mushroom head.  The tube is just about the smallest version I've seen out there.

I use Zinkerz for most of my stickbait apps.  Trick is getting sink rate right as they become very buoyant.  Also have to remember to not leave hooks in them as they take forever to dry out.  Hard Leg Frogz work good on top except that they want to flip over if you don't move em real slow.

ZinkerZ as a Neko bait is my thing. Take a minute to get the screw in there but it's worth it. They have excellent action.

I've been fishing with the 3" and 4" TRD baits in the hopes of using them for a bunch of different applications. So far with all but actual ned rigs they've been a bust. I might pick up a few of the trick worms to try on weedless wacky jigs but other than that I'm not super impressed. The deadly nedly is living up to its reputation though 😁

I have a three pack of the topwaters shads.  Still trying to get the big one.  Like the product so far.  Only elaztec product I have tried.

I picked up some palmetto buhs last week from seiberts i plan to use as a pitching bait and jig chunk. Have not used them yet but looks good. Hopefully theywill work as well but last longer than my structurebugs and dbombs

On 6/30/2018 at 11:57 AM, Bass Turd said:

An excellent tip. Thanks for sharing it, BT.

One of the issues with these plastics is it can be danged tough to run a hook through them with the same accuracy as other plastics. I can't even imagine trying to push a nail weight into one of them . . . but this shared tip would seem to be the way to approach it. I'll give it a go.

One thing about Elaztech is if you are getting your paddle tail, tips of other plastics, too, bitten off by bluegills, it can survive those tugs. Yamamoto makes a little ribbon tail that moves oh so sweet across the water; but, 9 out of 10 come back as amputees if there are large and aggressive gills in the area. Times like this are when breaking out an Elaztech plastic might save your sanity.

Brad