Brett's_daddy

ANGLR Fishing Tracker

Looking for reviews from people who actually have one of these units, does it really work? Are there bugs you have to watch out for? Any hidden fees (i.e.-subscription)? DSG has these on a Flash Sale today for $19.95 (list price is $129.95) and I'm thinking of picking one up but don't want to waste $20 on a piece of junk. Thanks in advance for any info regarding this device!!!

I've been beta testing their app for a few months, as well as the new Bullseye.  The app is free, and I highly recommend getting the Bullseye.  Clip it to your hat, One click for a fish, two for a waypoint, without having to pull out your phone.

Here is a trip summary from when I fished with the Anglr Tour team.  The replay is pretty cool.

https://next.anglr.tech/shared/Trip/9214755f-643d-4592-a8e0-a9140151f5e2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J Francho said:

I've been beta testing their app for a few months, as well as the new Bullseye.  The app is free, and I highly recommend getting the Bullseye.  Clip it to your hat, One click for a fish, two for a waypoint, without having to pull out your phone.

Here is a trip summary from when I fished with the Anglr Tour team.  The replay is pretty cool.

https://next.anglr.tech/shared/Trip/9214755f-643d-4592-a8e0-a9140151f5e2

After looking at the Bullseye i would definitely go with that over the Tracker, you don't have to worry about swapping it to different rods each time which is the biggest problem/PITA I was thinking about with the Tracker version.

I don't bother with the Tracker so much.  The number of casts is not that important to me as marking waypoints and fish.

13 minutes ago, J Francho said:

I don't bother with the Tracker so much.  The number of casts is not that important to me as marking waypoints and fish.

So besides the obvious physical differences between the two what other differences are there from a data standpoint?

Nothing, other than not counting casts.  You can go in and add all sorts of details, after the catch.

• Like 1

I really don't see the point. You are going to remember where you catch fish. No one cares about seeing a pic of the dink you caught at 3:53am on July 13 at location blah blah blah. They obviously cant sell them so they are giving them away. To me this is just another tech tool that hones in on your life for the sake of putting ads of things you like in front of your face when you do not want to be bothered.

14 minutes ago, Mikeltee said:

I really don't see the point. You are going to remember where you catch fish. No one cares about seeing a pic of the dink you caught at 3:53am on July 13 at location blah blah blah. They obviously cant sell them so they are giving them away. To me this is just another tech tool that hones in on your life for the sake of putting ads of things you like in front of your face when you do not want to be bothered.

Sounds like you didn't look at it at all.  I love it when people are negative about something they know nothing about.  The Bullseye is selling well, and downloads from app store tell a different story.  I find it just as useful as the way points on my Helix, but easier to navigate and add comments.  Any trip out, I'm going to drop a dozen or more way points, even on lakes I've fished my entire lake.  Never mind dropping points out Lake Ontario or Erie, where there is no point of reference to find something again without a way point.  There no ads in the app, so I'm not sure what your point is there.  You can share the trip, or keep it private.  After several trips, you can analyze trends, like times most fish were caught, or most bit baits.  I mean, if you find you don't need that info, then you don't need the app.  Two years ago, this was a crazy idea by a few fisherman sitting around a campfire.  Now it's a full blown, feature rich app, with new features coming.  Heck, you can even send in a feature request.

3 hours ago, Brett's_daddy said:

Looking for reviews from people who actually have one of these units

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikeltee said:

Think of it as a log book for your trips. You can mark cover and structure as well as record what you caught and what lure or bait you used to catch the fish. The app will track things like time of day and weather conditions.

Over time you should be able to see patterns develop.

I downloaded the app a few weeks ago with the intention to track these things, but to be honest I keep forgetting about it when I go fishing. I guess I get too excited to fish.

But I'm sure once I remember to use it then it will become second nature.

I'm a software developer and I would love to work for this company.  Can you imagine having access to all of the secret spots of thousands of anglers. 😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tennessee Boy said:

I'm a software developer and I would love to work for this company.  Can you imagine having access to all of the secret spots of thousands of anglers. 😀

Hah, now that is funny.  

I heard from a reliable source they plan on using input from the bullseye and/or only Bluetooth devices to combine with weather patterns to help develop predictive fishing reports.

15 hours ago, Tennessee Boy said:

They're hiring.

https://anglr.com/jobs/

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, J Francho said:

They're hiring.

https://anglr.com/jobs/

Wow,  they're using Microsoft technologies.  That means someone has probably already hacked them and posted all of the fishing data on the web somewhere.

• Haha 2

Used the Bullseye for the first time today. The record keeping implications are really impressive. Press a button and instantly record the time, temp, barometric pressure, wind direction and speed, then snap a quick picture for further record keeping, all takes about 10 seconds. I'll be uploading and sharing my trip later after my busy weekend.

I liked the idea behind the bullseye and the data it could supply, especially considering my fish finder is only traditional sonar without GPS.

Only reason why I didn't buy one is the battery goes bad after two years and you can't replace it or charge it so it would require buying a new bullseye.

1 hour ago, SlappinKraken said:

I liked the idea behind the bullseye and the data it could supply, especially considering my fish finder is only traditional sonar without GPS.

Only reason why I didn't buy one is the battery goes bad after two years and you can't replace it or charge it so it would require buying a new bullseye.

$30 every couple of years isn't too bad is it?

8 minutes ago, Brett's_daddy said:

$30 every couple of years isn't too bad is it?

It's not bad. More of a pet peeve of mine about devices designed that way. 

I really like the Bullseye by Anglr....and at $30 the power and features will astound you !

Is this something a bank beater should look into or is it more for guys OUT on the water?

19 hours ago, Buffdaddy54 said:

Is this something a bank beater should look into or is it more for guys OUT on the water?

I think you could use it as a bank fisherman but in order to get the full potential out of it you should be in a boat.

• Like 1

I think its still great for bank anglers, maybe even more valuable because you're more limited to where you can fish so especially if you're on a larger body of water you can compile information on when they're accessible from shore at a certain spots during certain times or weather conditions. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 3:40 PM, Tennessee Boy said:

Judge fish for kayak tourneys then.  You get access to where and when people catch their fish.  Tons of data available.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:25 PM, Buffdaddy54 said:

Do you want to record weather data, catches, honey holes, and be able to add pics and replay the trip? 

• Like 1

I noticed on your replay there are symbols for grass and some for logs(structure)... how do you mark each one differently?  Do you have to update it later or do you do that with the Bullseye when you log it?