Sellersrobe

Duo Realis Onimasu

Has anyone fished the Onimasu? It looks great. I have a E6X swimbait rod rated for 1/2-2, so I think it could handle the 2.75 ounce swimbait.

I have one Onimasu and i also have that exact same rod (E6X 884C) and, from my personal experience, i can tell you that the rod is a bit underpowered for that bait, you can get away with it doing gentle sideway lob casts but do not try to bomb cast it!!! You might have a heartbrake....

That being said...  i really didn´t had to much luck with the Onimasu so far! Only one fish caught. They look great  but just don´t perform, at least for me. I think you will be better served with one River2Sea S-Waver 168 or one of the Savage Gear Glide baits ( Shine Glider or Glide Swimmer) that are, in my opinion, better baits thas the Duo, are cheaper, and their weight is perfect for the E6X ...

1 hour ago, Jelvas said:

I have one Onimasu and i also have that exact same rod (E6X 884C) and, from my personal experience, i can tell you that the rod is a bit underpowered for that bait, you can get away with it doing gentle sideway lob casts but do not try to bomb cast it!!! You might have a heartbrake....

That being said...  i really didn´t had to much luck with the Onimasu so far! Only one fish caught. They look great  but just don´t perform, at least for me. I think you will be better served with one River2Sea S-Waver 168 or one of the Savage Gear Glide baits ( Shine Glider or Glide Swimmer) that are, in my opinion, better baits thas the Duo, are cheaper, and their weight is perfect for the E6X ...

Jeez! I thought I was getting such a good deal (it was $25), but I guess I'll stick with with the S-Wavers. Figured they would feel and act cheaper than the Onimasu

Savage Gear Shine Glide is a better gliding bait than the Onimasu or S-Waver 168 IMO. I love Duo baits, but other than the sweet paint jobs, the Onimasu is a miss. It has a very clunky, dull glide. S-Waver is obviously a proven bait, but after fishing both extensively, I sold my S-Wavers and bought a bunch of Shine Glides instead. The scratches are kind of hard to see because of the color of the bait, but this is one my very chewed Shine Glides.

No automatic alt text available.

3 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Savage Gear Shine Glide is a better gliding bait than the Onimasu or S-Waver 168 IMO. I love Duo baits, but other than the sweet paint jobs, the Onimasu is a miss. It has a very clunky, dull glide. S-Waver is obviously a proven bait, but after fishing both extensively, I sold my S-Wavers and bought a bunch of Shine Glides instead. The scratches are kind of hard to see because of the color of the bait, but this is one my very chewed Shine Glides.

No automatic alt text available.

Thank you! My next swimbait purchases will be a couple of those!