GeekFisher

KK spinning owners: KastKing spinning reel size ?

1 hour ago, NYWayfarer said:

More temptation, Sharky III Gold all metal edition reel

https://www.amazon.com/KastKing-Sharky-III-Fishing-Reel/dp/B07CTRGSKC?ref=ast_p_ep

Black and gold Sharky III with an aluminum body whats not to love.

I will fish mine before ordering more but looks great!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYWayfarer said:

More temptation, Sharky III Gold all metal edition reel

https://www.amazon.com/KastKing-Sharky-III-Fishing-Reel/dp/B07CTRGSKC?ref=ast_p_ep

Black and gold Sharky III with an aluminum body whats not to love.

The new speed demon is basically a Sharky III with a faster gear ratio. both are great reels for the price.

15 hours ago, Russ E said:

The new speed demon is basically a Sharky III with a faster gear ratio. both are great reels for the price.

The handle is different on the Speed Demon. I love the Sharky III's direct drive handle, it is my favorite spinning reel ATM

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, Russ E said:

All my KK are spooled and will likely get their first use this afternoon ;)

4 hours ago, GeekFisher said:

All my KK are spooled and will likely get their first use this afternoon ;)

Fished my speed demon spinning reel  against my sharky III reel yesterday.  Fished a shakyhead for 3 hours. 

Even though a cold front came through the night before, I managed to catch a dozen fish in the 1 to 2 lb range.

The speed demon feels about the same as my sharky III. The different handle was not that noticeable.

The only noticeable difference to me, was the speed demon picks up a lot of line in a hurry. Which is a good thing when shakyhead fishing.

• Like 2

Caught several up to almost 3 pounds on my Speed Demon combo Friday, felt really nice. The handle looks better in person than it does in pictures, I just hope those screws stay put. I think the reel feels more solid than the Sharky III does. I sure does pick line up in a hurry, I really like that. The rod is very nice but I was sure it would be after having a casting Speed Demon rod. 

• Like 1

I caught my first fish on a KK reel. :) The spinning us noisy on retrieves and the BC I tried was really smooth ! Cast easy and few backlashes. Im relatively new to baitcasting so. Backlashes were when casting against wind.

received_472092663294013.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeekFisher said:

I caught my first fish on a KK reel. :) The spinning us noisy on retrieves and the BC I tried was really smooth ! Cast easy and few backlashes. Im relatively new to baitcasting so. Backlashes were when casting against wind.

received_472092663294013.jpeg

I have not personally had any noise with the sharky III or speed demon spinning reels.

For baitcasters, I personally own a speed demon pro and a couple assasins. if they are setup right, it is actually pretty hard to get much of a backlash. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russ E said:

I have not personally had any noise with the sharky III or speed demon spinning reels.

For baitcasters, I personally own a speed demon pro and a couple assasins. if they are setup right, it is actually pretty hard to get much of a backlash. 

I tried my Assassin as well this morning ! Little harder to dial in but once done, cast like a champ and weight next to nothing :)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, GeekFisher said:

I tried my Assassin as well this morning ! Little harder to dial in but once done, cast like a champ and weight next to nothing :)

One quirk I have had with the assassins is, occasionally they get a little noisy and i start losing casting distance. 

To fix this, take off the sideplate and lightly oil the centrifugal brake ring with a cotton swab coated with reel oil.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, greentrout said:

Can't wait to try mine !

7 hours ago, GeekFisher said:

Can't wait to try mine !

Really liking mine. It's noticeably faster than any other spinning reel I own. It's very solid and smooth (unfortunately the only thing I've tested the drag on is a big drum so far). I've used it for a micro finesse jig, shakyhead, and wacky rig and it did all well matched with the 7' shakyhead rod. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Really liking mine. It's noticeably faster than any other spinning reel I own. It's very solid and smooth (unfortunately the only thing I've tested the drag on is a big drum so far). I've used it for a micro finesse jig, shakyhead, and wacky rig and it did all well matched with the 7' shakyhead rod. 

I'll fish the Eagle Valiant and the other kk baitcasters today :) Drag on the Valiant is strong, not as smooth as the Shimano's but close enough.

19 hours ago, GeekFisher said:

Can't wait to try mine !

lookin' forward to your review...

good fishing...

On 9/23/2018 at 3:41 PM, Russ E said:

One quirk I have had with the assassins is, occasionally they get a little noisy and i start losing casting distance. 

To fix this, take off the sideplate and lightly oil the centrifugal brake ring with a cotton swab coated with reel oil.

I opened the side but I'm not sure which ring you are talking about ? It's noisier since I set the centrifugal brake for sure !

1 hour ago, GeekFisher said:

I opened the side but I'm not sure which ring you are talking about ? It's noisier since I set the centrifugal brake for sure !

inside the brass ring of the side plate, is where the brake pads drag, when the spool speed goes too fast.

you can usually see a black ring around the inside where the brakes are dragging. i run a light coat of oil around the inside of this ring about once a month. 

20181009_221226.thumb.jpg.19806a8a6699dd3cf2b85083b405b446.jpg

• Thanks 1

I just received my Speed Demon spinning reel. Its nicer in real than the pictures. Might give it a try Saturday :) !

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 7:12 PM, GeekFisher said:

I just received my Speed Demon spinning reel. Its nicer in real than the pictures. Might give it a try Saturday :) !

I felt the same way. I was unsure from the pictures and videos but after actually getting my hands on one, it was much nicer than I expected and very smooth. Handles fish nicely too :)