I am looking into buying a float tube. Anyone have any recommendations and what accessories do I need or want for this. I will probably want about 2-3 rods with me during my trips. How should I store these? Anyone know of cheap waders to wear while float tubing?

Float tubing for bass can be a blast! Here's a few articles to help you get started.

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/float_tubes.html

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/float_tube.html

😀

I have plenty of video where infish my float tubes.  I usually take 3-4 rods.  I just put the spare rods behind my arms pointed backwards.  I keep a net tethered to me.  

I have a free different waders.  I fish all year.  I use rhw caddis deluxe waders.  I use various boots, my latest are redhead or white River Bass pro brand.  I use basic fins too.  I also have a pair of neoprene waders, but I use those mostly for fly fishing cold water.  For the deluxe breathable waders, I just layer up in the winter time.  I like them because they are more comfortable than neoprene, at least putting g them on and taking them off.

You can hit me here or on my channel for more information.

Mods... I provided links because I address the float tubes in detail... No here to get subscribers.  

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 8:10 AM, jaimeastin said:

😀

I have plenty of video where infish my float tubes.  I usually take 3-4 rods.  I just put the spare rods behind my arms pointed backwards.  I keep a net tethered to me.  

I have a free different waders.  I fish all year.  I use rhw caddis deluxe waders.  I use various boots, my latest are redhead or white River Bass pro brand.  I use basic fins too.  I also have a pair of neoprene waders, but I use those mostly for fly fishing cold water.  For the deluxe breathable waders, I just layer up in the winter time.  I like them because they are more comfortable than neoprene, at least putting g them on and taking them off.

You can hit me here or on my channel for more information.

Mods... I provided links because I address the float tubes in detail... No here to get subscribers.  

I appreciate your videos, especially #2 @jaimeastin of the green Caddis and your mention your advise. It brings back memories of my first “boat” to go fish the Delta. I believe fishing out of that float tube made me a better fisherman because I couldn’t pickup and run to another spot, I had to fish for the fish that were there. Now it’s been regulated to sitting up in the rafters.

And remember to bring your PFD...

On 9/14/2018 at 10:45 AM, J._Bricker said:

I appreciate your videos, especially #2 @jaimeastin of the green Caddis and your mention your advise. It brings back memories of my first “boat” to go fish the Delta. I believe fishing out of that float tube made me a better fisherman because I couldn’t pickup and run to another spot, I had to fish for the fish that were there. Now it’s been regulated to sitting up in the rafters.

And remember to bring your PFD...

Thanks.  Yeah, I always wear my PFD.  Last thing I need to be is in the middle of a lake with all of my gear pulling me down.  I wear a fishing vest over my PFDs, so of I am in the boat, kayak, float tube or shore, I have my same termoal tackle.  

The float tube is like a easy chair and easily one of my favorite ways to fish.  I started with w round one and I have been moving up every since then. You are right, you have to work a spot, but the fish never mind me being there.  I can tread the water and not worry about an anchor or the wind.  I can go fishing right after work and I usually fish past sun down in my tube.

Thanks for watching.  I try to help others because I have learned so much from others.