Jump to content
Munkin

Show your jigs

Recommended Posts

Figured I would start a thread in which everyone can show the jigs they have made.

 

Allen5a8f70a593aab_morefinessejigs.thumb.jpg.14bcdaaa9e204dcd0822d28908d0f831.jpg59aeeccc29e84_sunfishswimjig.png.3b43aa6e346d76b9d8120c2cdedd7427.png59aeec7d1a07c_swimjig.thumb.jpg.8ae0cd1f9c4dc5689ac17c55b50e2279.jpg20170415_213909.thumb.jpg.2070403894bee25445b94a0b034a3210.jpg58f8e31e54c10_BGswimjig.jpg.ef12b6e42996393d67524f24374a3646.jpg20170405_182410.thumb.jpg.2d2177356326227503659b4ae6c688b2.jpg453.thumb.jpg.d559075643787f8fdeef1a50566373f8.jpg5703c61c4b502_swimjigs.thumb.jpg.f7c67a648fe267b016040cb54d17575e.jpg

 

Here are some of my past creations.

 

Allen

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your work has always been exceptional Allen, very nice and the colors are flat out awesome!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, smalljaw67 said:

Your work has always been exceptional Allen, very nice and the colors are flat out awesome!!!

 

Thanks! Figured with the fishing season winding down everyone would have some bait making time. I like to see what everyone is making and using in different parts of the country with success.

 

So everyone post some pics.

 

Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why it posted the pics of the crankbaits I poured are showing up?

 

Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those jigs are almost too pretty to fish. I'm more a recreational builder. Make them just good enough looking to catch fish on them and so I don't have to spend the crazy money a store bought jig brings anymore.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:23 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

Those jigs are almost too pretty to fish. I'm more a recreational builder. Make them just good enough looking to catch fish on them and so I don't have to spend the crazy money a store bought jig brings anymore.

No automatic alt text available.

 

 

I really like that head is it a custom or something you found?

 

Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Munkin said:

 

I really like that head is it a custom or something you found?

 

Allen

It's a mold I found on Ebay. I likes the hidden eye and it had all the sizes I liked so I gave it a shot. pours a really nice head too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 8:56 PM, Munkin said:

 

I really like that head is it a custom or something you found?

 

Allen

I can't find the exact same one, but this is the same seller I bought from and the same mold style, just different sizes than mine has.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Freshwater-Flateye-Standup-jig-mold-1-4-3-8-1-2-3-4-oz-CNC-Aluminum/123442412303?hash=item1cbdbdbb0f:g:R~oAAOSwdU1W~NoJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fish one of New England's best smallmouth waters, Quabbin Reservoir in central Massachusetts, with hair jigs that I make during the hard water season. I throw them from Quabbin's opening in late April until the water temp reaches the low 50ºs. Here's an assortment of bucktail, bear, rabbit and grizzly hackle:

 

Asst.%20Jigs-XL.jpg

 

Bucktail on Poison Tail jigs:

 

Poisontail%20Jigs-XL.jpg

 

Bucktail "damp"

 

Wet-L.jpg

 

1" thick foam slit every 1/2" fill this Plano 3707. Double sided tape holds 1/4" foam to the top. The jigs stay snug when I bounce through a heavy chop.

 

Hair%20Jig%20Box-XL.jpg

 

Here's a photo of the display I made for a small local show last winter. 

 

Another%20View%20of%20Display-XL.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Will Wetline

You inspired me a while back.

So glad that happened.

:smiley:

A-Jay

post-13860-0-92273700-1414722896_thumb.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will Wetline said:

I fish one of New England's best smallmouth waters, Quabbin Reservoir in central Massachusetts, with hair jigs that I make during the hard water season. I throw them from Quabbin's opening in late April until the water temp reaches the low 50ºs. Here's an assortment of bucktail, bear, rabbit and grizzly hackle:

 

Asst.%20Jigs-XL.jpg

 

Bucktail on Poison Tail jigs:

 

Poisontail%20Jigs-XL.jpg

 

Bucktail "damp"

 

Wet-L.jpg

 

1" thick foam slit every 1/2" fill this Plano 3707. Double sided tape holds 1/4" foam to the top. The jigs stay snug when I bounce through a heavy chop.

 

Hair%20Jig%20Box-XL.jpg

 

Here's a photo of the display I made for a small local show last winter. 

 

Another%20View%20of%20Display-XL.jpg

Do you know of anyway to dye the bear hair GP? The course bear hair works best for me but the only color option is black.

 

Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Munkin said:

Do you know of anyway to dye the bear hair GP? The course bear hair works best for me but the only color option is black.

 

Allen

I have not tried dying fur or feathers but I did notice this product designed for fly tiers:

 

http://www.anglersworkshop.com/Water-Fowl-Feathers/Anglers-Fly-Dyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

Those jigs are almost too pretty to fish. I'm more a recreational builder. Make them just good enough looking to catch fish on them and so I don't have to spend the crazy money a store bought jig brings anymore.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Nice! Especially that last jig in the last picture!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, Bluebasser86 said:

Those jigs are almost too pretty to fish. I'm more a recreational builder. Make them just good enough looking to catch fish on them and so I don't have to spend the crazy money a store bought jig brings anymore.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

That micro jig looks scrumptiliumptious👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Will Wetline said:

I fish one of New England's best smallmouth waters, Quabbin Reservoir in central Massachusetts, with hair jigs that I make during the hard water season. I throw them from Quabbin's opening in late April until the water temp reaches the low 50ºs. Here's an assortment of bucktail, bear, rabbit and grizzly hackle:

 

Asst.%20Jigs-XL.jpg

 

Bucktail on Poison Tail jigs:

 

Poisontail%20Jigs-XL.jpg

 

Bucktail "damp"

 

Wet-L.jpg

 

1" thick foam slit every 1/2" fill this Plano 3707. Double sided tape holds 1/4" foam to the top. The jigs stay snug when I bounce through a heavy chop.

 

Hair%20Jig%20Box-XL.jpg

 

Here's a photo of the display I made for a small local show last winter. 

 

Another%20View%20of%20Display-XL.jpg

Awesome, high quality work!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of very nice jigs shown in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Burrows said:

That micro jig looks scrumptiliumptious👍🏼

They've been awesome little baits, and they don't just catch the little fish either.

Image may contain: one or more people, water and outdoorImage may contain: outdoorImage may contain: bird, sky, outdoor, water and nature

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a HAWG ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×