Munkin

Show your jigs

Figured I would start a thread in which everyone can show the jigs they have made.

Allen5a8f70a593aab_morefinessejigs.thumb.jpg.14bcdaaa9e204dcd0822d28908d0f831.jpg59aeeccc29e84_sunfishswimjig.png.3b43aa6e346d76b9d8120c2cdedd7427.png59aeec7d1a07c_swimjig.thumb.jpg.8ae0cd1f9c4dc5689ac17c55b50e2279.jpg20170415_213909.thumb.jpg.2070403894bee25445b94a0b034a3210.jpg58f8e31e54c10_BGswimjig.jpg.ef12b6e42996393d67524f24374a3646.jpg20170405_182410.thumb.jpg.2d2177356326227503659b4ae6c688b2.jpg453.thumb.jpg.d559075643787f8fdeef1a50566373f8.jpg5703c61c4b502_swimjigs.thumb.jpg.f7c67a648fe267b016040cb54d17575e.jpg

Here are some of my past creations.

Allen

• Like 9

Your work has always been exceptional Allen, very nice and the colors are flat out awesome!!!

8 hours ago, smalljaw67 said:

Your work has always been exceptional Allen, very nice and the colors are flat out awesome!!!

Thanks! Figured with the fishing season winding down everyone would have some bait making time. I like to see what everyone is making and using in different parts of the country with success.

So everyone post some pics.

Allen

Not sure why it posted the pics of the crankbaits I poured are showing up?

Allen 

Those jigs are almost too pretty to fish. I'm more a recreational builder. Make them just good enough looking to catch fish on them and so I don't have to spend the crazy money a store bought jig brings anymore.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 6

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:23 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

Those jigs are almost too pretty to fish. I'm more a recreational builder. Make them just good enough looking to catch fish on them and so I don't have to spend the crazy money a store bought jig brings anymore.

I really like that head is it a custom or something you found?

Allen

45 minutes ago, Munkin said:

Allen

It's a mold I found on Ebay. I likes the hidden eye and it had all the sizes I liked so I gave it a shot. pours a really nice head too.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:56 PM, Munkin said:

Allen

I can't find the exact same one, but this is the same seller I bought from and the same mold style, just different sizes than mine has.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Freshwater-Flateye-Standup-jig-mold-1-4-3-8-1-2-3-4-oz-CNC-Aluminum/123442412303?hash=item1cbdbdbb0f:g:R~oAAOSwdU1W~NoJ

I fish one of New England's best smallmouth waters, Quabbin Reservoir in central Massachusetts, with hair jigs that I make during the hard water season. I throw them from Quabbin's opening in late April until the water temp reaches the low 50ºs. Here's an assortment of bucktail, bear, rabbit and grizzly hackle:

Asst.%20Jigs-XL.jpg

Bucktail on Poison Tail jigs:

Poisontail%20Jigs-XL.jpg

Bucktail "damp"

Wet-L.jpg

1" thick foam slit every 1/2" fill this Plano 3707. Double sided tape holds 1/4" foam to the top. The jigs stay snug when I bounce through a heavy chop.

Hair%20Jig%20Box-XL.jpg

Here's a photo of the display I made for a small local show last winter. 

Another%20View%20of%20Display-XL.jpg

• Like 6

@Will Wetline

You inspired me a while back.

So glad that happened.

:smiley:

A-Jay

post-13860-0-92273700-1414722896_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Wetline said:

I fish one of New England's best smallmouth waters, Quabbin Reservoir in central Massachusetts, with hair jigs that I make during the hard water season. I throw them from Quabbin's opening in late April until the water temp reaches the low 50ºs. Here's an assortment of bucktail, bear, rabbit and grizzly hackle:

Asst.%20Jigs-XL.jpg

Poisontail%20Jigs-XL.jpg

Bucktail "damp"

Wet-L.jpg

1" thick foam slit every 1/2" fill this Plano 3707. Double sided tape holds 1/4" foam to the top. The jigs stay snug when I bounce through a heavy chop.

Hair%20Jig%20Box-XL.jpg

Do you know of anyway to dye the bear hair GP? The course bear hair works best for me but the only color option is black.

Allen

7 hours ago, Munkin said:

Do you know of anyway to dye the bear hair GP? The course bear hair works best for me but the only color option is black.

Allen

I have not tried dying fur or feathers but I did notice this product designed for fly tiers:

http://www.anglersworkshop.com/Water-Fowl-Feathers/Anglers-Fly-Dyes

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.

Nice! Especially that last jig in the last picture!

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, Bluebasser86 said:

That micro jig looks scrumptiliumptious👍🏼

20 hours ago, Will Wetline said:

Asst.%20Jigs-XL.jpg

Poisontail%20Jigs-XL.jpg

Bucktail "damp"

Wet-L.jpg

Hair%20Jig%20Box-XL.jpg

Awesome, high quality work!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Lots of very nice jigs shown in this thread.

14 hours ago, Burrows said:

That micro jig looks scrumptiliumptious👍🏼

They've been awesome little baits, and they don't just catch the little fish either.

Image may contain: one or more people, water and outdoorImage may contain: outdoorImage may contain: bird, sky, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 2

That's a HAWG !