ratherbfishin1

ISO cranking stick and lews reels

Hello, I am looking for a cranking stick that will be able to throw pretty much everything from 0-10 ft and maybe some spooks and other treble hooked baits.  I am interested in Dobyns but will consider any brand.  I also am looking for a reel.  Any gear ratio really.  I am pretty partial to lews but once again will consider any brand.  I am a broke high schooler so I really only have maybe a little over $100 dollars for each and so don't be offended if I can't accept your offer.  Thanks!

Get a Dobyn's Colt 705CB at tackle Warehouse for $80 brand new and pick up one of the Lews Mach 1 casting reels that seem to be on clearance almost everywhere because the new model is coming out soon.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brett's_daddy said:

Get a Dobyn's Colt 705CB at tackle Warehouse for $80 brand new and pick up one of the Lews Mach 1 casting reels that seem to be on clearance almost everywhere because the new model is coming out soon.

Yeah I might end up doing something like that but I thought it might be worth a try to look used first.  Thanks, for the recommendation.

Go to sheltonsclothing.com and you can get 2 Wright and McGill Skeet Reese cranking rods for $80 for the 2. Basically buy one get one free. I have one and love it although I don't do a whole lot of cranking....yet. They have some decent deals on reels too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

Go to sheltonsclothing.com and you can get 2 Wright and McGill Skeet Reese cranking rods for $80 for the 2. Basically buy one get one free. I have one and love it although I don't do a whole lot of cranking....yet. They have some decent deals on reels too.

Thanks, I just checked them out and it looks like they have some good deals.  Do you know if they are legit? Have you ordered from them before? I have just never heard of them.

9 minutes ago, ratherbfishin1 said:

Thanks, I just checked them out and it looks like they have some good deals.  Do you know if they are legit? Have you ordered from them before? I have just never heard of them.

They are legit. I found out about them from another fishing forum. I haven't ordered anything YET, but I'm eyeing the W&M A-rig rods. Several guys on the other forum have ordered from  and a couple go in to their store on a weekly basis to check out the deals. If I remember correctly they're in Alabama.

• Thanks 1