Dbchristian32

Using rivets on Zoom super fluke

I saw an article today on this and I would love to try it. What size pop rivets do y’all recommend?

If this was an internet article please post up the link. I'd love to read it myself as I have no clue about using pop rivets on flukes. 

1/8 in will work fine.

Or use coffee straw. I think I saw it somewhere long time ago when ppl using straw/river as line thru for any plastic swimbait.

With Fluke it might work if you only fish it fast but me I usually let Fluke sink down to bottom or fish around weed, the trebles hook might create some cumbersome. Another thing to concern with Fluke type is weight distribution, river and treble hook might make Fluke sink nose down not fluttering as it supposed to be.

I've seen this done before, but I don't see the advantage.  My hook-up ratio is pretty solid with flukes and I'd be concerned with throwing fish on the treble.

As @JustJames said though, I feel grass is where flukes really excel so even if the hook-up ratio were to slightly increase I think this modification would increase snags and reduce the number of fish that get to see your lure.

• Like 1