Glenn

Giveaway Time!

This week, we want to show you how thankful we are for all of our BassResource members by giving away a KastKing Royale Legend Elite Reel! To enter the contest, tell us in this thread what you would be doing with these reels!
˙
Limit to one entry per person, contest ends 11/20 at midnight! Winner will get to choose what ratio they want, and right hand or left hand model. Good luck!

More information at https://www.kastking.com/

contest.jpg

• Like 1

What would i do with it? Id put some line on it and go fishin Glenn :)

• Like 1

Reel silly ? Is this the comment section. If so it would be 50 % of my first dedicated cranking stick I’ve been wanting real bad lately and it would also be my second baitcast setup. It would really make my day to win it. 

• Like 1

Slap that 8.1:1 on a heavy flipping stick... been wanting to try out kastking for a while just haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet.  I dig the red also.

• Like 1

I would re-arrange the bottom structure of my favorite lake. :happy-111:

• Like 2

I'd put it on a Medium/Fast rod for jerkbaits/flukes/shakyheads/etc. 

• Like 1

Never tried a Kastking product and if I'm chosen as a winner; I'd probably go with the 7.3 gearing in a Left Handed Retrieve. Then pair it with a 7ft MH Fast casting rod , for a dedicated Pitching Combo. 

What would I do with a KastKing Royale Legend Elite reel?  Well, I'd buy a KastKing Speed Demon Pro Tournament rod in 7'2" H/F.  In the spring I would throw a hollow-body frog.  In the summer I'd probably mix it up a little and throw a frog.  But in the fall I'd do something completely different and throw a frog.  I bet I'd be pretty happy with that.  

I would most likely use the white 5.3 for my chatterbaits and other stuff this winter.  I have a hard time slowing down some of my baits, so the lower gear ratio would help tremendously.  The biggest problem is finding a color coordinated rod to put it on..... 

I'd pick the 6.6:1 in that beautiful light blue color as a general purpose do-all reel, pair it with one of my favorite 6'6 M/F quality rods, spool it with 12 lb test mono and give the combo to my son for a belated birthday gift or for Christmas. He just turned 18 and he's a young man to be proud of. Towards the end of 2018 (my second season) he said he wanted to come up to camp and try fishing, but the boat was let's just say out of commission and it never happened but we'll be doing that in 2019. Can't wait for the frozen cold stuff to come and go :)

I would replace my old zepco 33 with it.

• Like 2

I'd give it to my 13 year old son for Christmas (he's the one in my profile picture). For the past few months he's been using one of my baitcasting reels and he really likes it and he's been wanting one of his own.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen him backlash. I must have taught him wrong 🤣

• Like 2

I'd pay it forward. I'd give it to a kid learning to fish, at an annual Youth Day I volunteer for.

• Like 6

If chosen the winner I would donate it to my local BASS club to give away in our annual youth tournament that occurs during Father’s Day. All kids in multiple age groups get a prize but the top weights in each division get a unique prize and I believe this would fit the bill.

• Like 3

I dont have a high speed reel so I would probably go for the 8 to 1 use it for bouncing lures  off the bottom in deep  water .

I'd take the 8.1 to 1 and use it to punch the heaviest weeds in the lake. 

I would turn it into a holiday gift for my step dad, who has been stuck on spinning gear for as long as I've known him. 

• Like 1

I would name her after the last naughty girl on the Internet I saw and go out and catch my next PB with her of course. 

• Confused 1

I would hope to get the 731 or 811 and put it on a rod dedicated for frogging.

Give it to a young angler (kid) who couldn't otherwise afford one.

• Like 3

I would fish with it.  Not going to fabricate some elaborate "What if" that I know isn't true.  I would simply fish with it.  And often.  Until all my local fisheries are hard water.  Then Once the ice melts, I will continue to fish it.   

I'd probably the 7.3:1 on a lowrider 20 m/m and throw traps, spoons and small cranks with it. Not 100% sure but the most likely.

I have been wanting to replace some of my older Kastking reels with the new models. The white RLE for my Whitemax is a great example. I would use it for Crankbaits.

It will be a reel for my son to use while fishing with me. And, in a few years, my daughter will take it over. Since I've got 5 boys and 3 girls it should see plenty of use!!