5/0

Garage Tackle Storage

In the process of organizing my garage. One of the problems is finding fishing tackle I haven't seen in years stuffed away all over the place. Stuff like plastics, terminal tackle, line, etc. Can these be organized in plastic storage boxes? Has anyone used Sterilite boxes and are they a good idea?

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the forum. A lot of your stuff can be put in plastic boxes with no problem. Soft plastics I like to leave in the original package. Then put them in a plastic box or even some large zip lock type bags. The fishing line Needs to be checked to be sure it is still good before you put it on a reel.I have not used the Sterilite boxes but they should be okay.

• Like 1

Yes, I would get several of the 3700 boxes and label them. 

Make sure to check your soft plastic bags for any holes or leaks. Switch out non serviceable bags with some good quality zip lock bags, preferably something resistant to chemicals. Bags that leak attractant, ect., can eat the plastic in your storage boxes.

That being said, I'd pick up a soft plastics binder/bag to organize them in. The other stuff I'd put in regular ole Plano boxes, and the stuff you really don't care for is either try to sell or toss it. 

I use them for plastics and other items that I put in one of my three storage cabinets in my garage.

Never had a problem.

19 hours ago, 5/0 said:

Has anyone used Sterilite boxes and are they a good idea?

Yep.

wVYFwoul.jpg

I use the shoebox sized ones for "normal" plastics and some larger ones for clamshell packed ones.  The "active" plastics live in an ever changing assortment of 3600 and 3500 boxes packed into kits so I can just grab and go.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

Yes I do keep the worms in their original packaging and then place them in the Sterilite boxes.

I store the majority of my soft plastics this way. It will work in a garage just fine.

1124180430-1.jpg

On 11/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, fishwizzard said:

Yep.

wVYFwoul.jpg

I use the shoebox sized ones for "normal" plastics and some larger ones for clamshell packed ones.  The "active" plastics live in an ever changing assortment of 3600 and 3500 boxes packed into kits so I can just grab and go.  

This looks all to familiar to me. I’ve use this system for a long time.  They get stored on my boat this way also. I use a label maker for the top and sides which makes it easy to see and find. I keep terminal tackle in there also so that I have everything in one place. If I were to pull my Ned Rig box an assortment of jig heads and Zman, torn Senko and Dinger pieces along with some gorilla glue. 

• Like 1