Joshua van Wyk

Cabelas lifetime warranty cancelled!

7 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I guess I don't see in my comment where I said anything about the gear "not holding up". It was the steady stream of gear that was years, sometimes over a decade old, being returned so the person could upgrade to the newest version of the item that really shocked me when I worked there. Or the people who would almost brag about how badly they would abuse their gear because they could always just bring it back and get a new one if it broke. I guess maybe some folks don't see it as an issue, but it's morally wrong to me. If a product has a lifetime warranty and it breaks from normal use, then I could understand someone wanting to use the offered warranty, but taking advantage of it just so they can always have the newest gear or so they don't have to take care of their gear? That's where I see the issue.

I find it morally wrong as well.

28 minutes ago, Scott F said:

The mark up on Cabela's brand clothing is so high, that they could easily afford the cost of the return policy. 

So they were just burning all the cash from sales in barrels? 

Everyone who has gone this route, well, has gone DOWN this route. How's that LL bean thing working out for them?

LL Bean ended the lifetime return policy in February 2018.

27 minutes ago, Junger said:

LL Bean ended the lifetime return policy in February 2018.

They are a private company, so there are no hard financials, but it's no secret that the last several years have been, let's be kind and say challenging. I would not be surprise to see them reorganize or get bought out in the near future.