ghost

Smallest Baitcasting Reel, In Your Opinion

11 hours ago, Brendan Roll said:

How much did you get for it? And what gear ratio?

I've had it now for bout six months and paid around 50 threw Amazon with free shipping.  Seems there prices vary...just looking and it's not free shipping right now.  Believe it's the 6:3:1 ....not sure without looking again but right in there.  Holds a ton of line too.  Hoping to get another for Christmas....fits in the hand awesome.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Oregon Native said:

I've had it now for bout six months and paid around 50 threw Amazon with free shipping.  Seems there prices vary...just looking and it's not free shipping right now.  Believe it's the 6:3:1 ....not sure without looking again but right in there.  Holds a ton of line too.  Hoping to get another for Christmas....fits in the hand awesome.

What's your opinion on how it cast lighter lures , 1/4oz Bandit 200 crankbaits ?

Thanks 

I'm really surprised more people haven't said lews.  I love lews because of their palm-ability 

11 hours ago, new2BC4bass said:

CT?  Because the original Tatulas (including Type R) are a bit larger than the CT.  So everyone says.  I have never handled a CT.  Size of the originals doesn't bother me.

Yes it's a Tatula R CT. To me it feels nice, I wouldn't want it to be any smaller I don't think.

I also have a Shimano Calcutta 51. For a round reel, that thing is small. Quite easy to palm. Fun little reel. I've used it for drop shotting and it's a blast. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stratoliner92 said:

What's your opinion on how it cast lighter lures , 1/4oz Bandit 200 crankbaits ?

Thanks 

Once you adjust the mags properly it's awesome.  Took me a bit.

10 hours ago, ghost said:

I also have a Shimano Calcutta 51. For a round reel, that thing is small. Quite easy to palm. Fun little reel. I've used it for drop shotting and it's a blast. 

IMG_20170826_174252.jpg.98e6d4b82c997242a183245143254d88.jpg

Worth noting that the IPT on some of the reels recommended above is very low, and gets lower when a long cast peels off half the spool capacity :tongue77:

5 hours ago, Catt said:

IMG_20170826_174252.jpg.98e6d4b82c997242a183245143254d88.jpg

So..................if your feet are as big.................you must be the famous Sasquatch.  :rofl_red:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, new2BC4bass said:

So..................if your feet are as big.................you must be the famous Sasquatch.  :rofl_red:

That look like Calcutta 25 in his hand 😝 I don’t remember it’s that small when I had mine.

• Haha 2

I've thought about getting a small casting reel. I've been fishing ABU 4600s, and 5500c reels for a long time. I've looked at some Lews reels, but I like the Shimano small baitcasters better. I've heard good things about the H20 reels that Catt mentions also

• Like 1