Jump to content
A-Jay

A-Jay's Inaugural Ice Out / Open Water Countdown Thread ~

Recommended Posts

On 1/22/2019 at 9:02 AM, A-Jay said:

Image may contain: text

 

Been Brutally cold for several days - Day time air temp hovering in the single digits and over night temps 20-30 degrees below zero with more snow on the way . . . 

 

But, it's ONLY 2 months and 24 Days or 11 weeks and 3 days or 84 more days . . . .

 

And for The BR Members who are currently employed ~ 

58 working days (464 hours, assuming 8-hour workday),

25 non-working days including:

12 Saturdays,

12 Sundays,

1 federal holiday(US) falling on weekdays

 

Serenity Now ~ 

636889793_15Aug20174BR.png.0f128627adcf7ddbad4ee9f0460bce34.png

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

 

Those are the amount of days until my fun winter catching ends and amatuer hour at the boat ramp begins 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the yo-yo weather we've had so far this winter, I won't even try to guess. local lake has frozen over and thawed four or five times already. So, we've had multiple ice-outs, and will undoubtedly have several more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-8 windchill this morning. 

 

19 months and I hope to be moving South.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter finally showed up and has brought with it the potential for record breaking temps and wind chills next week so I'm saying June. 😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently sitting at -19 F here in Iowa with a wind chill of -47 F. It can only go up from here...right?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vilas15 said:

Currently sitting at -19 F here in Iowa with a wind chill of -47 F. It can only go up from here...right?

Apparently not ~ 

No photo description available.

 

But, it's ONLY 2 months and 16 Days or 10 weeks and 5 days or 75 more days . . . .

 

And for The BR Members who are currently employed ~ 

52 working days (416 hours, assuming 8-hour workday),

25 non-working days including:

11 Saturdays,

11 Sundays,

1 federal holiday(US) falling on a weekday

 

A-Jay

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cold is terrible right now, the ice fishermen love it though lol.  If we get the 40 degree weather they're calling for this weekend, guess who's putting on his waders and pulling steelhead?  This guy! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HMM...

 

Maybe it's time to move.

The Russians send their adversaries to Siberia. What are you charged with?

I suspect the ice-out will be delayed. How long does 4' of ice take to melt? 

 

:winter-146:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, roadwarrior said:

HMM...

 

Maybe it's time to move.

The Russians send their adversaries to Siberia. What are you charged with?

I suspect the ice-out will be delayed. How long does 4' of ice take to melt? 

 

:winter-146:

 Thanks for the sage advice Kent.

My Dad always told me if'n I wasn't gonna be smart & I better be strong.

Turns out - he was right.

btw - I've been charged with Slaunchnapping ~ Multiple Counts . . . . 

And I am guilty as sin !

 

591fa2f936a84_19May20174.thumb.png.d1f2d8e2e2ba2502cf1507fc1534fff8.png

 

:others-142:

A-Jay 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was -58 degrees here in my part of Illinois today. 4 inches of snow coming tomorrow. On top of the piles of snow we already have. With this brutal deep freeze, polar vortex from the pits of hell, I've realized that ice out might come later than I was hoping. And yet, year after year, I choose to live in this crap hole. I just need warmth and open water.

 

 

I open my eyes
I try to see but I’m blinded by the white light
I can’t remember how
I can’t remember why
I’m lying here tonight

And I can’t stand the pain
And I can’t make it go away
No I can’t stand the pain

How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

Everybody’s screaming
I try to make a sound but no one hears me
I’m slipping off the edge
I’m hanging by a thread
I wanna start this over again

So I try to hold onto a time when nothing mattered
And I can’t explain what happened
And I can’t erase the things that I’ve done
No I can’t

How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glaucus said:

It was -58 degrees here in my part of Illinois today. 4 inches of snow coming tomorrow. On top of the piles of snow we already have. With this brutal deep freeze, polar vortex from the pits of hell, I've realized that ice out might come later than I was hoping. And yet, year after year, I choose to live in this crap hole. I just need warmth and open water.

 

 

I open my eyes
I try to see but I’m blinded by the white light
I can’t remember how
I can’t remember why
I’m lying here tonight

And I can’t stand the pain
And I can’t make it go away
No I can’t stand the pain

How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

Everybody’s screaming
I try to make a sound but no one hears me
I’m slipping off the edge
I’m hanging by a thread
I wanna start this over again

So I try to hold onto a time when nothing mattered
And I can’t explain what happened
And I can’t erase the things that I’ve done
No I can’t

How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

 

 

Move in with @roadwarrior

A-Jay

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A-Jay said:

 

 Thanks for the sage advice Kent.

My Dad always told me if'n I wasn't gonna be smart & I better be strong.

Turns out - he was right.

btw - I've been charged with Slaunchnapping ~ Multiple Counts . . . . 

And I am guilty as sin !

 

591fa2f936a84_19May20174.thumb.png.d1f2d8e2e2ba2502cf1507fc1534fff8.png

 

:others-142:

A-Jay 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully it be arriving here in PA. High of 48 yesterday and highs of 57,45,60,58 the next 4 days after a low of -2 last week.  A couple days below freezing this weekend and back up to the low 40's.

 

Drove by the biggest local lake at lunch and no open water to be seen, but the rain and temperature should change that.

 

54 days till the first scheduled tournament, fingers crossed for 0 more days of complete ice coverage. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point so much of it feels like a dream.

 

1727219620_doupleonProvBassBR.png.1080b707b02c49567221dc63d48a78b8.png

 

But in about 2 months and 9 Days or 9 weeks and 5 days or 68 more days,

I'll be looking to turn it all back into reality. 

#needopenwater

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

But in about 2 months and 9 Days or 9 weeks and 5 days or 68 more days,

I'll be looking to turn it all back into reality. 

#needopenwater

:smiley:

A-Jay

You just LOVE torturing us, don't you. :wall3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is starting to suck . I'm ready to set out some lines on a swollen river and catch something , anything . Make a camp fire , drink a six-pack , sleep in a tent , cook a catfish over an open fire ...

zz 4-10-05 016.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New kix.

51755183_10216670759214550_3021481884686

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, J Francho said:

New kix.

51755183_10216670759214550_3021481884686

Nice ~

And sweet lace job too.

Congrats J

:smiley:

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J Francho said:

New kix.

51755183_10216670759214550_3021481884686

Who picked out those 'cute' sox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot, wrong thread, lol. 

 

3 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Who picked out those 'cute' sox?

I did.  They're from Happy Socks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scaleface said:

This is starting to suck . I'm ready to set out some lines on a swollen river and catch something , anything . Make a camp fire , drink a six-pack , sleep in a tent , cook a catfish over an open fire ...

zz 4-10-05 016.jpg

I like your style 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

I like your style 

Me too. Reminds me of the bullhead run on Honeoye Lake, back in NY, back in the day. I assume it's still going on, or should be. If you got up high, you could see nearly the entire lake rimmed in lantern lights. Really cool scene. Bullhead fry in every restaurant, all... 3 of 'em! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×