greentrout

THE KASTKING THREAD

11 minutes ago, wasabi_VA said:

I’m still trying to get comfortable with the idea of buying a Kastking baitcasting reel. I decided to do a little test and go see if a manual and schematic are available for the Megajaws reel I’m interested in.

I didn’t see either at the Kastking website. And I didn’t see anything about ordering parts either, for the Megajaws or any other reel. Maybe you can call but seems odd they don’t seem to put that out there.

for the first year it is under warranty. You send it back and they fix it or replace it. from personal experience they have good technical support. there is a schematic in the box. this is from my last Royal Legend Elite.

kksch.jpeg.f1543f2416093491ce75b16764938a57.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wasabi_VA said:

I’m still trying to get comfortable with the idea of buying a Kastking baitcasting reel. I decided to do a little test and go see if a manual and schematic are available for the Megajaws reel I’m interested in.

I didn’t see either at the Kastking website. And I didn’t see anything about ordering parts either, for the Megajaws or any other reel. Maybe you can call but seems odd they don’t seem to put that out there.

Ya I'd just call them or email them for that kind of info.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:56 AM, GeekFisher said:

Anybody from Canada know how to order Kastking rods in Canada ? I'm looking for their Speed Demon Pro frog rod. @KastKingUSA ?

You can order them on US amazon site and have them ship to Canada.

5 hours ago, wasabi_VA said:

I tried to upload pics of the info that came in the box with the mega jaws but it said the file was too big. Is there anything specific you want to know?

@Brewp13 Amazon.com Kastking won't ship to any of the Canadian addresses I tried (and not remote addresses) :(

5 hours ago, GeekFisher said:

@Brewp13 Amazon.com Kastking won't ship to any of the Canadian addresses I tried (and not remote addresses) :(

Oh yea that’s strange and unfortunate.  It says it will when I go to it but I guess if it’s from a third-party seller and not shipping from Amazon then maybe they won’t.  Have you tried Falcon Rods?

2 hours ago, Brewp13 said:

Oh yea that’s strange and unfortunate.  It says it will when I go to it but I guess if it’s from a third-party seller and not shipping from Amazon then maybe they won’t.  Have you tried Falcon Rods?

I want a 7'2"-7'3" frog Rod, heavy fast...

13 minutes ago, GeekFisher said:

I want a 7'2"-7'3" frog Rod, heavy fast...

I have a 7’4 heavy action Falcon Cara Series frog rod. I love it!

They also have a Bucoo series 7’4 heavy fast rod that’s alot cheaper than the Cara series.

I have two Bucoo Rods, two lowriders, two Caras, three coastals, several originals and an expert, all different series of falcon rods and I love all of them. I’m sure those are available in Canada or will at least ship there. They are sold by amazon, bass pro shops, academy sports etc. I hope that helps since you can’t seem to get your hands on a kastking at the moment.

2 hours ago, Brewp13 said:

I have a 7’4 heavy action Falcon Cara Series frog rod. I love it!

They also have a Bucoo series 7’4 heavy fast rod that’s alot cheaper than the Cara series.

I have two Bucoo Rods, two lowriders, two Caras, three coastals, several originals and an expert, all different series of falcon rods and I love all of them. I’m sure those are available in Canada or will at least ship there. They are sold by amazon, bass pro shops, academy sports etc. I hope that helps since you can’t seem to get your hands on a kastking at the moment.

7'4" is too long, 7'3" fits barely 7'2" would be ideal

59 minutes ago, GeekFisher said:

7'4" is too long, 7'3" fits barely 7'2" would be ideal

Ok. Is there a certain price point you’re trying to stay at? Or do you need it to be kastking brand specifically?

Theres a falcon Bucoo sr 7’2 extra heavy on amazon for $109. My frog rod is actually extra heavy as well. 

yeah buddy ... i own the 2 pc. rod ... awesome ... catching bass with it ... #1 best seller amazon ... watch ...

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, Brewp13 said:

Ok. Is there a certain price point you’re trying to stay at? Or do you need it to be kastking brand specifically?

Theres a falcon Bucoo sr 7’2 extra heavy on amazon for $109. My frog rod is actually extra heavy as well. 

Shimano is making their new SLX in 7'2" HF. Might worth a look as it fits the budget :)

I have a question regarding the centrifugal brakes on the Whitemax. Which setting has them engaged....all to the center or all to the outside....

Any help would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, maineiacsmoker said:

I have a question regarding the centrifugal brakes on the Whitemax. Which setting has them engaged....all to the center or all to the outside....

Any help would be appreciated.

2:28 ...

22 hours ago, maineiacsmoker said:

Thanks, that answered my question nicely!!!

you're welcome .... kk is the reel deal ... 😊 ...

good fishing ...

Looks like Banax makes that one, theirs is called an Ionix SLT. 

• Like 1