Jump to content
greentrout

THE KASTKING THREAD

Recommended Posts

Besides the weight difference between the KastKing Sharky lll 1000 and 2000. What is physical size difference? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/31/2019 at 4:31 PM, ike8120 said:

Besides the weight difference between the KastKing Sharky lll 1000 and 2000. What is physical size difference? 

I just received from KastKing the size comparisons on the Sharky lll reels. Sharkylll.jpg.f555fa857cb4f4e4a80a3d4895fefc8c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 7:57 AM, NYWayfarer said:

Just an observation. I noticed about a month ago Kastking has parted ways with a lot of their YouTube sponsored fishermen. EPF, Debo’s, Catterman, etc. 

 

They seem to have kept Kaptains Korner with Capt. Mikey 🤪 

 

 

I also noticed that the YouTube people who dropped them decided not to continue using the KK gear. Must be a reason....or many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go a KK speed demon pro on the way with a speed demon pro frog rod. I hope I like the combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waymont said:

I also noticed that the YouTube people who dropped them decided not to continue using the KK gear. Must be a reason....or many.

Bitter perhaps? I noticed the same. EPF and Debo’s are not rocking the Kastking gear anymore. 

 

I also noticed they are not a sponsor of this site anymore. ——————->

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, NYWayfarer said:

Bitter perhaps? I noticed the same. EPF and Debo’s are not rocking the Kastking gear anymore. 

 

I also noticed they are not a sponsor of this site anymore. ——————->

EPF and Debo's are still on the KastKing youtube site in the channels section as is Bassresource ....

 

they may be back as a sponsor .....

 

good fishing ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, greentrout said:

EPF and Debo's are still on the KastKing site in the channels section as is Bassresource ....

 

they may be back as a sponsor .....

 

good fishing ....

Good to hear. It was disheartening to see some of my favorite YouTubers drop Kastking like a hot potato. I still love my New York based little company that thinks they can. 

 

They make great products at a great price. Especially their rods, spinning reels and tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYWayfarer said:

Good to hear. It was disheartening to see some of my favorite YouTubers drop Kastking like a hot potato. I still love my New York based little company that thinks they can. 

 

They make great products at a great price. Especially their rods, spinning reels and tools.

might be kk's wishes .... as you know kk sells a ton on amazon with most of their reels in the top 10 with some being number one from time to time .... with high customer ratings .... to me they are an established company .... with great products and service ....

 

good fishing ....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYWayfarer said:

Good to hear. It was disheartening to see some of my favorite YouTubers drop Kastking like a hot potato. I still love my New York based little company that thinks they can. 

 

They make great products at a great price. Especially their rods, spinning reels and tools.

Love the fact that they are from new york, sadly there is absolutly nothing amercian made, designed or thought out by them.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nathan.bass.canada said:

Love the fact that they are from new york, sadly there is absolutly nothing amercian made, designed or thought out by them.......

Not true. Kastpro braid is made in the USA 

 

They also have design people here in the states. Things like the bio-spool were thought of here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYWayfarer said:

Good to hear. It was disheartening to see some of my favorite YouTubers drop Kastking like a hot potato. I still love my New York based little company that thinks they can. 

 

They make great products at a great price. Especially their rods, spinning reels and tools.

I agree with @NYWayfarer

 

I have been converting my mono to copolymer, buying from KK off Ebay good price, no tax fast shipping. I also have 2 KK reels that I like very much. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 6:53 AM, NYWayfarer said:

Not true. Kastpro braid is made in the USA 

 

They also have design people here in the states. Things like the bio-spool were thought of here.

Wow a spool. True innovation. They just rebrand chinese reels, nothing to write home about

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nathan.bass.canada said:

Wow a spool. True innovation. They just rebrand chinese reels, nothing to write home about

Not sure what their bio-spool has to do with their reels? They designed a bio-degradable spool for their line to reduce waste, it really is pretty innovative actually.  

 

Lots of companies "just rebrand Chinese reels". Very few actually build their own reels. The company still chooses the quality of components put into the reels though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Not sure what their bio-spool has to do with their reels? They designed a bio-degradable spool for their line to reduce waste, it really is pretty innovative actually.  

 

Lots of companies "just rebrand Chinese reels". Very few actually build their own reels. The company still chooses the quality of components put into the reels though. 

I agree. It is innovative and shows the company thinks about more than profit. The more plastic we can eliminate from our environment the better. It should be the outdoor sports folks and companies that champion it.

 

Thanks for pointing the last part out. The level of ignorance out there about where reels are made and branded is astounding. So many people just want to bash things without doing any research whatsoever.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Not sure what their bio-spool has to do with their reels? They designed a bio-degradable spool for their line to reduce waste, it really is pretty innovative actually.  

 

Lots of companies "just rebrand Chinese reels". Very few actually build their own reels. The company still chooses the quality of components put into the reels though. 

Thats why there are only two brands worth buying :) (exept a few niche companies thats are too small to outsource fabrication). Get over the choosing of quality components and innovating, as if they arent only there for profit. They basically do nothing more than drop shipping. The reels have been out forever and for whatever reason people think now they are new and amazing since its writin Kk and have sporty names. Oh and btw, that biodegradable plastic isint any better for the environment, mixing polypropylene and wheat starch only makes it non recyclable. Normal spools made in standard thermoplastics such as polyethylene are at least recyclable. So if you want to talk about bashing without research, start doing research before buying into everything :)

I'm all for innovation and credit when credit is due. I am definitly not for selling false information and lying about innovation just to sell your chinese low quality stuff. 

1 hour ago, NYWayfarer said:

I agree. It is innovative and shows the company thinks about more than profit. The more plastic we can eliminate from our environment the better. It should be the outdoor sports folks and companies that champion it.

 

Thanks for pointing the last part out. The level of ignorance out there about where reels are made and branded is astounding. So many people just want to bash things without doing any research whatsoever.  

As said, that biodegradable plastic your buying into is stuff dreams are made of. Calling me and ignorant because I know certainly alot more about fabrication and plastics than you is kinda funny :). Do your research, buy whatever makes your fuzzy inside. Making low quality stuff that ends up in the garbage is what really hurts the environnement. Buy something that LASTS. A few of my friends bought Kks and have had three while theyre good reels or mine still are going strong. I dont know, but 3 times more garbage dosent seems eco responsible to me!

 

Nathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're done here.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...