je1946

Delaware valley Tackle

Anyone know what's up with DVT?  At the recommendation of a friend who had some reel work done by them, I have a few reels I'd like upgraded but I have tried calling and emailing them numerous times and have yet to receive a reply.  I see they're still a sponsor on here, anyone know what their status is?

Its around the holidays, maybe they are taking a break/vacation to spend time with family and loved ones. Or, its winter time, they're probably busy as can be on all the reels waiting to get services and returned before 2019 season. 

Mike is a very good guy.  He will get back to you as soon as he has time.

Mike is super nice guy, but in my experience, not great at returning phone calls or emails.  Just be patient, very patient.

Let's try this again.

According to a post from Mike in November and I quote: "We're on the cusp of some exciting changes in our business and as a result I'm not able to take any reels for service at this time"

He is not taking any reels at this time. I would think he would post here to let us know when he is up and running again.

• Like 3

I tried contacting him around 6 months ago about a custom build and he got back to me after I sent 2 emails weeks later. 

Contact The Tackle Trap in AL. Bryan will take good care of you, and your reels. They are an authorized Shimano and Daiwa repair center. He was just certified by Daiwa to work on the new Exist. 

• Like 1

I recommend ReelEx if DVT is unable to service them. Nothing but great things to say. Extremely fast turnaround and a pleasure to deal with. Most knowledgeable reel tech I've ever used and I've used a good bit.

• Like 1

Thank you for your message. I'm in the middle of making some changes to my business operation and can not take any reels for cleaning. Thanks
Mike 
Nov 9 2018

4 hours ago, Stephen B said:

I recommend ReelEx if DVT is unable to service them. Nothing but great things to say. Extremely fast turnaround and a pleasure to deal with. Most knowledgeable reel tech I've ever used and I've used a good bit.

For Shimano reels Dan Isaac at ReelEX is your man, 96 hr turn around.

Tom

Have used ReelEx.....good man

12 hours ago, shootermcbob said:

I have used Mike's service several times in the past with great results. 

X2. 

I'm still here and returning emails and messages several times a day. I'm not sure why we're not getting together but it's a definite concern. Please PM me your email and phone and I'll contact you. If you're the guy that asked about Core reels I did leave two voicemails in response. 

32 minutes ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

I'm still here and returning emails and messages several times a day. I'm not sure why we're not getting together but it's a definite concern. Please PM me your email and phone and I'll contact you. If you're the guy that asked about Core reels I did leave two voicemails in response. 

That's me.  I'm not sure how we're not in contact as I check my mail several times a day.  I'll try again in the AM, and thanks for replying on here.  Thanks to everyone who has replied to this post.

8 hours ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

Did you start doing reels again?

Only what's already here. I'm waiting on answers from others so I can be definite going forward. I'll update the community as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2018 at 6:46 PM, rippin-lips said:

Contact The Tackle Trap in AL. Bryan will take good care of you, and your reels. They are an authorized Shimano and Daiwa repair center. He was just certified by Daiwa to work on the new Exist. 

This X10. Brian is a super guy. I've been in his store many times. He's done several reel repairs for me. I've also purchased quite a few rods and reels as well as a ton of baits.  I can attest to his commitment to quality service.