waymont

Blade baits at an incredible price

I started using blade baits for the first time this year. Early spring through now in the Chicago area.

I bought a few from an Ebay seller last winter to check them out, 5 baits for $3.25.

Man they catch fish. I always use the same technique, let it sink to the bottom on a semi slack line, then lift it about 1-2' and fall back, following it down.

I don't usually rip them, more of a moderate lift to feel the vibration type of retrieve.

Lots of hits occur on the initial drop so be aware. The hooks are kind of crappy, but I change them out.

Ebay search for "metal vib blade bait". The same sellers sell them on AliExpress too. I see no reason to buy the $5.00 versions. 

I've caught LMB, SMB, Crappy, Perch, Catfish, and Carp. I'm going buy some 1/8oz versions for next season for panfish.

They come from China so they take 4-6 weeks to get to the USA.

blades.png

• Like 3

Looks like a Cicada. 

• Like 1

Send rondomly. Love it. 

• Like 2

Shipping is only 20 cents . 

12 hours ago, waymont said:

Great link! Thanks! They do resemble the Cicada, which is one of my best producers on smallmouths and lake trout.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:28 PM, waymont said:

I bought a few from an Ebay seller last winter to check them out The hooks are kind of crappy, but I change them out.

They come from China so they take 4-6 weeks to get to the USA.

I got mine on Aliexpress, same deal 4 - 6 weeks for delivery. Perfect time to order them is now as I can’t use them anyway until spring.

Changing the hooks and split rings is a good idea and still economical. 

I get my genuine imitation Kastmaster spoons the same way.

I just ordered....thank you for sharing

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 12:52 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

Looks like a Cicada. 

The cicadas I have bought were useless, not sure exactly what the deal was. I thought I remembered them being heavier on one side than the other. I have always caught fish better with a hand poured blade 

1 minute ago, TnRiver46 said:

The cicadas I have bought were useless, not sure exactly what the deal was. I thought I remembered them being heavier on one side than the other

My dad use to cast and retrieve them in schools of white bass because they were compact and fairly heavy but I can't remember him ever catching a fish jigging one. 

1 minute ago, Bluebasser86 said:

My dad use to cast and retrieve them in schools of white bass because they were compact and fairly heavy but I can't remember him ever catching a fish jigging one. 

Interesting. I don’t think I have any of them anymore but I’m going after white bass in the morning. Would be cool to experiment with casting v jigging, I want to say they always tangled around my line but I’m not sure what I didn’t like about the cicada. What I am sure of is that I probably hung them up and lost them like all the rest of my blade baits hahaha

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 10:55 PM, TnRiver46 said:

Interesting. I don’t think I have any of them anymore but I’m going after white bass in the morning. Would be cool to experiment with casting v jigging, I want to say they always tangled around my line but I’m not sure what I didn’t like about the cicada. What I am sure of is that I probably hung them up and lost them like all the rest of my blade baits hahaha

I have only used these casting, not vertical jigging. Blade baits can get fouled on the line sometimes, but I have had excellent results with these.

• Like 1

I just ordered a 2 pack a few days ago....Be interested in seeing how they work this spring

I ordered some  and they arrived . The body seems to be a spinnerbait blade , its concave not flat .  The hooks are panfish sized so I'll have to change those out . Thats too bad because they are sharp .  I  have had good luck fishing the Cordell Gay Blade in the summer off of points but they snagged up so frequently I could not afford to    use them. I wont mind losing these .

• Like 1