Flatrock

Trials of buying that first boat

If I wrapped anything in a pink Kitty wrap... The guys I know would never let me live it down.  However I would be willing to be a Minion  :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slonezp said:

If the price is right I can be bought 

$20 isn't hard to come by buddy! 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

If I wrapped anything in a pink Kitty wrap... The guys I know would never let me live it down.  However I would be willing to be a Minion  :D

I have a guitar playing friend who plays metal and painted one of his guitars very similar to this boat wrap.

54 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

I'm a tad more expensive than that 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

You better take a good look at what your getting before handing over the money.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, slonezp said:

I'm a tad more expensive than that 

So your say you ain't cheap but can be had...  😮   :D  LOL

• Haha 1

Everyone has their price. Mine's more than 20.00

1 hour ago, Goldstar225 said:

Just touching base to see if the deal for your boat went through?  Good luck.

Yup I'm wondering too. Hoping so 'cause that's a fine boat and a steal of a price. 

• Like 1

I'd like to report that I did finalized the deal this morning at a Waffle House over breakfast..  I'm now the owner of a 2019 Bass Tracker 175 Pro Team TXW biggrin.gif

2019-01-04 10.25.44.jpg

• Like 3

Congratulations. 

No better way to seal the deal than raising your cholesterol a few points at a waffle house.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Russ E said:

Congratulations. 

No better way to seal the deal than raising your cholesterol a few points at a waffle house.

I do like scattered, covered and smothered  😀

• Like 1

Awesome! You sit got a deal of a lifetime! Go buy a lotto ticket! Congrats enjoy the new boat! 

• Like 1

and no Hershey squirts..... Congrats on the new rig!!!!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

Awesome! You sit got a deal of a lifetime! Go buy a lotto ticket! Congrats enjoy the new boat! 

I might just do that..

Congratulations on your New Rig ! 

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 1

Congratulations!  Heck of a deal on a darn good boat that will serve you well for many years.  Now go get that thing wet.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, Flatrock said:

I'd like to report that I did finalized the deal this morning at a Waffle House over breakfast..  I'm now the owner of a 2019 Bass Tracker 175 Pro Team TXW biggrin.gif

2019-01-04 10.25.44.jpg

AWESOME!!!:headbang:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goldstar225 said:

Congratulations!  Heck of a deal on a darn good boat that will serve you well for many years.  Now go get that thing wet.

Yes I have, twice...  However This last time (Monday) the winds picked up to 20-30 mph late afternoon and I had to cross the lake.  Lets just say that things got very interesting  for a while with 3' swells and heavy chop.  This boat did very well, even though I got soaked... I just couldn't get away from the splashing and spray. .. wind chills was dropping like a sinker and was in the 50's with me only wearing a med shirt.  I was sure glad when I found my cove where I launched...   I was the last one off the lake too that day.    All I can say is...  Come one  calm 60* days...  LOL

Way to go Flatrock! I still remember the feeling I had when I pulled out with my first boat - a 2008 Triton Aluminum. Even though mine was in excellent condition too when I picked it up and handed off the check, I still spent two days cleaning and organizing it because I was just so proud that it was MINE and paid for. 

E41FF595-AED5-4EAF-9E9E-E75E1CFDBCDE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RHuff said:

Way to go Flatrock! I still remember the feeling I had when I pulled out with my first boat - a 2008 Triton Aluminum. Even though mine was in excellent condition too when I picked it up and handed off the check, I still spent two days cleaning and organizing it because I was just so proud that it was MINE and paid for. 

E41FF595-AED5-4EAF-9E9E-E75E1CFDBCDE.jpeg

Thanks man...  I never thought I'd get a new (used 2019) never mind a boat of this caliber even though its Bass Tracker. Going from no boat all my life to this...  To me its as good as any $80,000 boat  😀

13 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Thanks man...  I never thought I'd get a new (used 2019) never mind a boat of this caliber even though its Bass Tracker. Going from no boat all my life to this...  To me its as good as any $80,000 boat  😀

Don't let some get in your head with "even though it's a Tracker". Trackers are quality boats made for the average Joe like you and me. Some knocked it because of the wood deck, those people don't understand wood and how it decays. Some knock them because the price is on the lower end, that's because Johnny Morris knows where his bread and butter is (you and I). There's better boats out there with more options and better quality absolutely! At the end of the day you're on the water just like the rest of us and it's a good quality boat! I looked and looked for a Tracker all summer and fall. I didn't find what I wanted. Then just before I threw in the towel for the winter I just happened to find my G3. That's the only reason I don't have a Tracker at this point. 

That boat will last you the rest of your life and then some. 😉

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 12poundbass said:

Don't let some get in your head with "even though it's a Tracker". Trackers are quality boats made for the average Joe like you and me. Some knocked it because of the wood deck, those people don't understand wood and how it decays. Some knock them because the price is on the lower end, that's because Johnny Morris knows where his bread and butter is (you and I). There's better boats out there with more options and better quality absolutely! At the end of the day you're on the water just like the rest of us and it's a good quality boat! I looked and looked for a Tracker all summer and fall. I didn't find what I wanted. Then just before I threw in the towel for the winter I just happened to find my G3. That's the only reason I don't have a Tracker at this point. 

That boat will last you the rest of your life and then some. 😉

I was told that the front deck on the 2019 are aluminum now by the salesman and that they are looking at eventually making them all aluminum in time.   How true that is I don't know.  But I am glad to hear the front deck is all metal.

I get throwing in the towel.. I was just about to do the same thing when I found this one.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, Flatrock said:

Despite some naysayers, don't be hanging your head that "it's only a bass tracker".  My current boat is a 2018 Tracker PT190 which I bought after carefully considering other brands.  My last boat was a 1987 Tracker TX17.  30+ years on the water and now serving it's new owner.  I don't share the concerns of the wood deck.  The wood on mine lasted 27 years before I felt the need to replace it and then only the front 6" of the front deck was bad.  Like any boat, take care of it and it will last you a long time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1