MickD

I would keep it private

Keep in mind that everything on the internet is , or can be, monitored.  How convenient would it be for a government which has passed legislation on confiscation of all firearms to find a blog/forum that tells it where all the guns are?  

What legislation has been passed, regarding confiscation of firearms?

Only new legislation I am aware of is bump stocks, which are an accessory.

Not much different than full auto receivers, built after 1986, being illegal. 

for several years now, gun dealers have had to keep records of the serial number, on every gun they sell. Basically a backdoor registration.

if the government wants to know where the guns are, that will be the first place they check.

Edited by Russ E
added a comment

My post occurred to me when reading how the Dutch govt keep meticulous records on all citizens, including their religion, and when the Nazis came along, they got everything.  It's not just what has already happened that matters; it is what could happen.  Ask the older European Jews.

3 minutes ago, MickD said:

My post occurred to me when reading how the Dutch govt keep meticulous records on all citizens, including their religion, and when the Nazis came along, they got everything.  It's not just what has already happened that matters; it is what could happen.  Ask the older European Jews.

The only way the Gov't doesn't have all the info they need about you is if you've been living in the woods with no job and no purchasing. Between job apps and the filing the companies do to the local government, to buying things with checks or online, all the way through to the census and tax returns. They know things about you that you've forgotten.

Too late to start worrying about it now.

Just now, MN Fisher said:

The only way the Gov't doesn't have all the info they need about you is if you've been living in the woods with no job and no purchasing. Between job apps and the filing the companies do to the local government, to buying things with checks or online, all the way through to the census and tax returns. They know things about you that you've forgotten.

Too late to start worrying about it now.

I don't disagree with you, but adding posts about your firearms possessions and carry preferences might just put you at the top of the list.  Not smart, IMHO.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MickD said:

I don't disagree with you, but adding posts about your firearms possessions and carry preferences might just put you at the top of the list.  Not smart, IMHO.

I don't know about your state, but here we need a license to carry, so the gov's got that info. Any all firearms purchases are recorded - long-gun as well as handgun...so they got that too.

• Like 1

But if you have not purchased in a long time. , ,

Suit yourself; I'm leaving right now.

11 hours ago, MickD said:

Bingo!

Luckily, most of municipal data bases don't communicate well with feds.

I have been also told by more than one chief of police, not to apply for a ccp!  That side it was before the law changed allowing for cc without  a permit

They are mine, they are legal, I worked for the money to buy and own them.

If they want them, they better bring theirs when they come for mine.

Trust me if you own a gun the government already knows about it. Posting about it on the net isn't going to change that.

• Like 1

OP...add an extra layer of tin foil to your hat, and turn your TV around to face the wall it's spying on you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2018 at 8:24 PM, MickD said:

Not a coward, but Im not a member of the NRA mostly because of that. Just concerned that if the wrong people ever get that membership list.... 

• Like 1

I think there is another potential hazard in posting about firearms, especially posting about special ones.  Thieves who would appreciate that particular firearm also will appreciate knowing where to get one.  Maybe unlikely, but I still think the less info out there the better.  Too bad we have to be concerned.

Anyone who thinks he can outgun the Feds when they come for his might do well to remember Waco.

3 minutes ago, MickD said:

I think there is another potential hazard in posting about firearms, especially posting about special ones.  Thieves who would appreciate that particular firearm also will appreciate knowing where to get one.  Maybe unlikely, but I still think the less info out there the better.  Too bad we have to be concerned.

Anyone who thinks he can outgun the Feds when they come for his might do well to remember Waco.

How do you explain the hundreds of gun forums on the internet? Surely, the tens of thousands of people, possibly millions, who post on those sites are not blind to the potential of arms confiscation. I do agree about the potential of theft. With gps coordinates embedded in pics taken from our phones, it's poses a real threat.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, slonezp said:

How do you explain the hundreds of gun forums on the internet? Surely, the tens of thousands of people, possibly millions, who post on those sites are not blind to the potential of arms confiscation. I do agree about the potential of theft. With gps coordinates embedded in pics taken from our phones, it's poses a real threat.

Even if gun confiscation laws were passed. It would more than likely get shut down by supreme court.

Even if that did not happen, how would they ever be able to enforce the laws?

More than likely laws will eventually be passed to limit the sales of guns and ammo, but I doubt they would ever take on the task of trying to disarm the public.

• Like 1