Haven't tried it yet, but I happened upon that same video a couple

of weeks ago!

I was fishing this knot for a while earlier this summer.  It seemed to work fine but so did the palomar so I just went back to it.  Going to have to try that double rig in the video.

"Dropper" knot - been used by saltwater anglers for decades ~

This incorporates the hook into the knot.

Have not used it for this application.

I use Uni-knot & Palomar - as the mood strikes.

Both work well.

:smiley:

A-Jay

Interesting, gonna have to give that one a try. 

I'm using a dropper loop most of the time, keeps lure out of the main line.

Have fished this knot personally but it’s a super easy not to tie as I’ve tied it a few times and keeps the perfect everytime and any situation. Not that the Palomar is hard just can be sometimes a pain in the wind getting the loop through. 

I may 'move' to this one. Tying drop-shots on the lake with a Palomar, sometimes I forget which way the hook is suppose to point when I start. Then I have to cut it off and try again. This one makes it almost idiot-proof.

2 hours ago, MN Fisher said:

I may 'move' to this one. Tying drop-shots on the lake with a Palomar, sometimes I forget which way the hook is suppose to point when I start. Then I have to cut it off and try again. This one makes it almost idiot-proof.

You don’t have to cut he line, just thread the tag end through the hook eye one more time to make it “pull” the hook into the right position, works for me and it doesn’t hurt the knot as it’s only the tag end going to the sinker. 

• Like 1

I'm mostly a spinshot hook guy for dropshotting, but I just gave this knot a try on a traditional Gama dropshot hook... pretty nice, I like it a lot actually. It's very fast and easy to tie. I didn't have to fiddle with it in the way the video poster did cause I am a master at dropper loop and it's basically the same knot. Idk about the integrity of it where it loops under the hook eye but it should work just fine for smaller game. Don't think I'd trust it for anything larger though.

21 hours ago, MN Fisher said:

Simple. Always have the hook point facing skyward and insert the line into the hook eye from the sky to the earth, ie, from above to below. If you feel more comfortable inserting the line into the eye from underneath, orient the hook point the other way. Fool proof, guaranteed by islandbass, or your money back, no questions asked. 

To the topic, I’ve used this loop and it works very well. It’s been used for a very long time by many an angler, not necessarily in the bass world.