I quit using Yo Zuri as I got breaks in the middle of the spool I guess all Fluoro lines do it at times if you have had an overrun. I went to Gamma copoly and I think it's better. I also like McCoys. This year I am going to try the Sunline Defier lines to see if they are worth the hype, if not it is back to Gamma or McCoys.

I use YZH on my spinning outfits, never tried it on my baitcasting setups. I use 6lb on my Ned Rig and weightless Senko setups and it's been great.

I've never used copolymer before.

I'm thinking about trying it to save money on my bottom contact baits, is it as sensitive as fluorocarbon?

On 12/31/2018 at 5:15 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

Hi-SEAS Grand Slam has been really good for me. 

I have to try this.... It's easy to get a hold of from Walmart and everyone talks highly about it. 

10 hours ago, zell_pop1 said:

I quit using Yo Zuri as I got breaks in the middle of the spool I guess all Fluoro lines do it at times if you have had an overrun. I went to Gamma copoly and I think it's better. I also like McCoys. This year I am going to try the Sunline Defier lines to see if they are worth the hype, if not it is back to Gamma or McCoys.

One of the methods to get rats nests out of baitcasters is to tighten the drag all the way down, press down on the tangled line with your thumb, and crank the reel a few times.  Repeat until the rats nest is gone.  I have found on fluorocarbon lines especially (and sometimes co-polys like YZH) this can cause small fractures in the line - and you get break offs later.  

For this reason, I only use that method to free tangled line with braid - and I tediously “pick out” rats nests on all fluorocarbon and sometimes Yo-Zuri.  Sucks, but it saves the line..

On 12/31/2018 at 9:13 AM, OnthePotomac said:

Anyone tried the new Sufix Advance yet?

I’ve saw a great review for it on YouTube. It was from tackle advisors.

Silver Thread AN40 especially 6-8# on spinning set ups...12# on bait casters

McCoy's has done well for me the past 2 years. Mean green (12lb casting) or clear blue fluorescent (6lb spinning). Seems strong, had a few I thought would break me off for sure after running for cover in a laydown or ledges and boulders. As another user has mentioned it has good knot strength, little memory and casts well.  

On 1/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, The Fisher said:

Silver Thread AN40 especially 6-8# on spinning set ups...12# on bait casters

I have 3000 yd. spools of 8# and 12#.  Both go on baitcast reels.  8# on a couple spinning reels.