I thought i was set on getting a helium 3, but with more research im up in debate..

Can anyone explain the differences between the 2 rods and if the extra cost for the helium 3 is justified? 

Sensitivity is one of the biggest factors 

H3 is more sensitive, but how much is in the eye of the beholder. Both are great rod lines, KLX has options other than extra fast that the Helium does not. 

1 minute ago, CaptPete said:

H3 is more sensitive, but how much is in the eye of the beholder. Both are great rod lines, KLX has options other than extra fast that the Helium does not. 

I know you commented on my other post so you are probably aware that im looking for a jig rod for 1/4 or 1/2 with trailers... 

Any suggestions ? 😀

I think you know the answer already. More sensitive the better for a jig rod. Whats holding you up? the Money? or other things? the components on the h3 are a bit higher end, higher end hook keeper, faster rod (which most prefer for jigs). Are there other factors on your brain? You can certainly save a few bucks and be completely happy with a KLX, they are great rods too. I've often contemplated why they are so close in price point. What I see it coming down to is the action, the KLX has lots of more moderate options available (think moving baits, or preference; some guys like a slower rod).

Materials used in the blank construction is the biggest difference, the H3 blanks use a higher modulus graphite which makes for lighter more sensitive blanks, crisper actions, and also leads to their faster actions. The KLX rods are all a “softer” graphite, so less sensitive, less crisp, and slower actions. As noted better guides on the H3 as well.  The cost difference is well justified and marginal. 

The H3 is the right choice between the two for a jig rod no question. The KLX rods I have are moving bait rods - cranks, topwater, etc. 

For my money I’m happy to have my H3 Rods on deck alongside my Megabass, GLX, and Legend Elite Rods. 

H3 for jigs and worms. KLX for moving baits

• Like 1

@GReb summed it up nicely I use my H3 for anything I need sensitivity for and my KLX where sensitivity is less of an issue and a slower action is need. With that being said I actually use a 7'3" Magnesium 2 for jigs but have contemplated getting another H3 and using the Mag 2 for something else.