Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does anyone own either of diawas new tatula rods or reels? I want a new set up and am liking the spider concept grapics.....what exactly is their  reaction rod made for....spinner baits,bladed jigs....crankbaits.......I'm not sure....so a little help...thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t speak on the new rods. The last years version are way overpowered compared to their ratings. I have the supposedly lightest one (7 foot) and it’s sweet spot is 1-2 ounces. It was disappointing because I got it for weightless worms and wound up using it in saltwater for fish up to 7lbs. No problem using it for that. Can’t load up a cast under 3/4 oz ☹️

 

The reels are awesome. I like the CT so much I spent about $400 customizing it. Already ordered some Abec bearings for the black 2018 for the levelwind and internals. Waiting to fish the stock spoolbearings before deciding whether to swap them out for ceramics. They really do have a nice stoppy feel to them, like mags, but better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new 100 is a nice reel. Stock bearings needed to be flushed and one of the 2 i have were a little dry in the gears but that was an easy fix. The store that outfits sportsmans ( i think you can figure out who that is) sells the new tatula for 99$ /w free shipping. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iabass8 said:

The new 100 is a nice reel. Stock bearings needed to be flushed and one of the 2 i have were a little dry in the gears but that was an easy fix. The store that outfits sportsmans ( i think you can figure out who that is) sells the new tatula for 99$ /w free shipping. 

Is the advertising on the Tatula 100 from Daiwa or from the store?  Quote, "And with a feather weight of 6.9 ounces it may be the lightest, most fatigue free, reel Daiwa has ever built."

 

That is nowhere near the lightest reel Daiwa has ever built.  Thus it probably isn't the most fatigue free reel either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iabass8 said:

The new 100 is a nice reel. Stock bearings needed to be flushed and one of the 2 i have were a little dry in the gears but that was an easy fix. The store that outfits sportsmans ( i think you can figure out who that is) sells the new tatula for 99$ /w free shipping. 

Been out of stock of right handers for a while now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

Is the advertising on the Tatula 100 from Daiwa or from the store?  Quote, "And with a feather weight of 6.9 ounces it may be the lightest, most fatigue free, reel Daiwa has ever built."

 

That is nowhere near the lightest reel Daiwa has ever built.  Thus it probably isn't the most fatigue free reel either.

Definitely lightest Tatula model

3 hours ago, iabass8 said:

The new 100 is a nice reel. Stock bearings needed to be flushed and one of the 2 i have were a little dry in the gears but that was an easy fix. The store that outfits sportsmans ( i think you can figure out who that is) sells the new tatula for 99$ /w free shipping. 

The new rods too for that price. Good find!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dam0007 said:

Definitely lightest Tatula model

 

Okay, but the ad says "lightest...reel Diawa has ever built".   Not true.  Lightest Tatula?  Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

Okay, but the ad says "lightest...reel Diawa has ever built".   Not true.  Lightest Tatula?  Yes.

No, it says it “may be”. Its just marketing hype like the project T videos. Every company does it. Its super smooth for a 100$ +\- reel and casts really well. As for where advertisment came from, I have no idea. Every reel tea leaf always makes it sound “game changing”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love all of them. I have two Tatula LT 2000, two 2 Tatula LT 3000 spinning reels, one Tatula Medium 6'6" Spinning rod, and one Tatula 150 casting reel. The LT3000 and matching rod is the lightest, best balanced  rig I have ever felt.

It's perfect. The 2000LT's are my finesse reels. They have held up to 4lb bass and 35" pike with no problems.

The 150 casting reel weighs about 8oz and took a little getting used to but now I love it. I was used to Lew's 6.3oz reels. It casts great without any issues and is super smooth. I decided to change a bunch of gear last season, and after trying out a bunch of stuff I kept settling on the Tatula stuff. That's my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, iabass8 said:

No, it says it “may be”. Its just marketing hype like the project T videos. Every company does it. Its super smooth for a 100$ +\- reel and casts really well. As for where advertisment came from, I have no idea. Every reel tea leaf always makes it sound “game changing”. 

Yup.  You are right.  I guess I kind of ignored those two words.  Not trying to knock Daiwa as slightly more than half my reels are Daiwas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iabass8 said:

The new 100 is a nice reel. Stock bearings needed to be flushed and one of the 2 i have were a little dry in the gears but that was an easy fix. The store that outfits sportsmans ( i think you can figure out who that is) sells the new tatula for 99$ /w free shipping. 

+1

 

I was surprised to see a greased Drag when I opened it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the new Tatula 100 and spent time casting this weekend and have to say distance is good. On par with my SV’s I’d say, mine was a little rough out of the box so with a little oil everything was smoothed up. Probably could go through it and it would help, just don’t care that much. It’s a sweat reel. I’ve only held the rods in store and they seem to be quite nice, good feel and balance to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NathanDLTH said:

Have the new Tatula 100 and spent time casting this weekend and have to say distance is good. On par with my SV’s I’d say, mine was a little rough out of the box so with a little oil everything was smoothed up. Probably could go through it and it would help, just don’t care that much. It’s a sweat reel. I’ve only held the rods in store and they seem to be quite nice, good feel and balance to them. 

What stores have the new tatula rods? I havn't seen them anywhere yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, punch said:

What stores have the new tatula rods? I havn't seen them anywhere yet.

TW has them, they have full cork grips and retail for $150.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CrankFate said:

Can’t speak on the new rods. The last years version are way overpowered compared to their ratings. I have the supposedly lightest one (7 foot) and it’s sweet spot is 1-2 ounces. It was disappointing because I got it for weightless worms and wound up using it in saltwater for fish up to 7lbs. No problem using it for that. Can’t load up a cast under 3/4 oz ☹️

 

The reels are awesome. I like the CT so much I spent about $400 customizing it. Already ordered some Abec bearings for the black 2018 for the levelwind and internals. Waiting to fish the stock spoolbearings before deciding whether to swap them out for ceramics. They really do have a nice stoppy feel to them, like mags, but better.

Which model# is the rod, your talking about the 2018 Tatulas right ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TXT701mlrb, it’s a nice rod, but the 1\4 to 5/8 rating isn’t even close. I use it for 1 1/2 oz and it’s perfect for that.  Caught some good size fish on it, too. But there is no way to cast the rated weight, unless your just flippin. It is amazingly thin and light for fishing around an ounce and I love it for that application.  Its supposed to be for “Shallow Crankin” but it is way too stiff for that purpose. The Tatula Elite is probably better for this weight, but the BPS Crankin Stick is better still, and I wound up getting two of them after bouncing every single rod in the store. Ordered the Tatula rod blind off the internet. Big mistake. The reel is a CT I liked it so much, I upgraded everything and now it makes my 2018 Tatula 100 feel too heavy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this for that past 3-4 months. I’m trying to get rid of it but no take lol. I’m sorry I can’t tell you how it fish. I like old Tatula so much and I don’t like cork, so this one is still brand new.

It is 6’6 M/F that I plan to use for Fluke and Jerkbait. It is pretty light weight but the tip is not as soft as I like.

ED95DF39-6D9A-411D-9DE7-94DC4E6174A9.thumb.jpeg.254ccd738c7f3b6f5936744779316d87.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JustJames said:

I have this for that past 3-4 months. I’m trying to get rid of it but no take lol. I’m sorry I can’t tell you how it fish. I like old Tatula so much and I don’t like cork, so this one is still brand new.

It is 6’6 M/F that I plan to use for Fluke and Jerkbait. It is pretty light weight but the tip is not as soft as I like.

ED95DF39-6D9A-411D-9DE7-94DC4E6174A9.thumb.jpeg.254ccd738c7f3b6f5936744779316d87.jpeg

 

That’s the same problem I had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the TDZ 7' MXB, and it has a soft tip, even though it's XF. 

 

Looking at the new spider Tatulas, I don't see anything comparable. But the OG Tatula has a 610 M/XF with a lure range of 3/32-1oz. I haven't handled it, but that may be one to consider. I bought the 6'9 ML/R for jerkbaits but found the action too parabolic for my desires.

 

Edit: I find the new tatula casting line up pretty unimpressive in terms of variety, everything is 1/4oz and up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CrankFate said:

TXT701mlrb, it’s a nice rod, but the 1\4 to 5/8 rating isn’t even close. I use it for 1 1/2 oz and it’s perfect for that.  Caught some good size fish on it, too. But there is no way to cast the rated weight, unless your just flippin. It is amazingly thin and light for fishing around an ounce and I love it for that application.  Its supposed to be for “Shallow Crankin” but it is way too stiff for that purpose. The Tatula Elite is probably better for this weight, but the BPS Crankin Stick is better still, and I wound up getting two of them after bouncing every single rod in the store. Ordered the Tatula rod blind off the internet. Big mistake. The reel is a CT I liked it so much, I upgraded everything and now it makes my 2018 Tatula 100 feel too heavy. 

 

So that's the " XT " model you have, not the full cork Tatula

tps://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/daiwa-tatula-xt-7-0-med-light-jerkbait-rod-txt701mlrb.html

     Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Junger said:

I have the TDZ 7' MXB, and it has a soft tip, even though it's XF. 

 

Looking at the new spider Tatulas, I don't see anything comparable. But the OG Tatula has a 610 M/XF with a lure range of 3/32-1oz. I haven't handled it, but that may be one to consider. I bought the 6'9 ML/R for jerkbaits but found the action too parabolic for my desires.

 

Edit: I find the new tatula casting line up pretty unimpressive in terms of variety, everything is 1/4oz and up.

The 610M is a odd rod.  It has a solid carbon tip that is very soft but it is a dropshot rod.  I wouldn't want to cast a 110 style jerkbait on it for fear or breaking the highly flexible solid tip.

 

Edit: darn auto correct  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does the "C" in TALT3000D-CXH represent? Confusing because 1000, 2000, 2500 doesn't have the "C" but 3000 & 4000 has the "C".

 

Also, how is it that the deep spool version of TALT3000D-CXH (6.2oz) weighs less than TALT3000-CXH (6.3oz)?

 

Is TTU701MFS (Tatula 7' M/F Spinning) a better choice over FR 703SF (Dobyns Fury 7' M/F Spinning)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BaitFinesse said:

The 610M is a odd rod.  It has a solid carbon tip that is very soft but it is me and as a dropshit rod.  I wouldn't want to cast a 110 style jerkbait on it for fear or breaking the highly flexible solid tip.  

Wow - I just read up on the solid graphite tip top on those 6'10 M/XF's, yeah I'd be hesitant pushing 1oz too. 

 

I have the 7' M/XF and I don't think it has the same tip, but I'll check when I get home for the extra wraps. Love that rod for weightless plastics though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Junger, if you don’t plan to use Tatula 610MXB for finesse or semi finesse, don’t buy it. It is nice super soft tip (3/32oz) rod with a lot of backbone (1oz). It light and crispy, plenty of sensitive. It handle weightless plastic trickworm or Ned rig pretty well. When you hook on fish, it feel a lot bigger due to super soft tip.

Until I did a good hookset on Bass, when it grabbed my Fluke and run on the drop. My line broke and next time out the rod tip was gone. That how I got new Tatula as replacement.

IMG_1366.thumb.JPG.4d6ef02b3cc9c3b367c53be725c7d447.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×