Brett Stair

McCain Tommy Martin Series

Picked up the 7’3” XH Flippin and pitchin rod yesterday at a tackle and boat show and am pretty stoked about it. The pro there said it’s the same rod as the new blue ones they just thought they’d sell better than the two tone black and gold. I rarely buy anything without researching first but seemed like too good a deal to pass up ($85). Sooo.... what say you? 

Edit: Usually not a lag in feedback so here’s what I’ve found online:

https://www.tackleselect.com/collections/tommy-martin-signature-series

Not many reviews out there but everything sounds good and the 3 reviews on TW are good.

$200 rod for $85 awesome!

Trying to get my hands on one 😉

Hot dawg, a $200 rod for $80? I would have snagged that puppy and I don’t even flip — but I’d start, lol. My wallet almost flew out of my back pocket and open up to where my debit card is kept. 

• Haha 1

I've never actually seen these rods, only read about them. Sounds like you got a great deal. Endorsed by Tommy Martin, their gonna be good. 

Wondered when this rod would come up here. Yes, they are great rods. I have the 6'9" Med Heavy. The cork handle and fore-grip is the main reason it caught my attention. The S-glass tip is what it's marketed around. Like yours, mine is black and gold. The new blue rods do not have the fore-grip. I don't palm my reels. I use the fore-grip. Thankfully St. Croix also has great offerings with full cork grips. The Tommy Martin Signature is a terrific rod. Enjoy!

Karl

Let us know how you like it. I’ve been eyeing a couple of the McCain’s.