BigBass'n_Harrison

new 2019 Shimano SLX MGL!? Thoughts??

SO I was scrolling through YouTube and I found a video by THE REEL TEST. He had a video about the release of a JDM Shimano SLX with an MGL spool! The US version of the SLX withough the MGL spool has some pretty great reviews and a lot of people believe it will knock the Speed Spool and Fuego from their spot on top of the $99 reel price point. I think an SLX with an MGL spool would be an extremely nice reel and it will probably be around $150 USDM. It's supposed to be replacing the Casitas MGL I believe and that had a graphite frame, the SLX has an aluminum frame so it will probably be a stronger reel without raising the price I would think. It also has SVS Infinity brakes with the external brake design of the Bantam MGL, looks pretty badass. 

Here is a picture of it from the Shimano Japan Website and a picture of the external brakes that was used a thumbnail for his second video on the reel: 

SLX MGL  Image result for shimano SLX MGL

I personally love the features this reel will have and I think it looks way better as well. On Shimano Japan it says they are expecting a May 2019 release.

What are everybody's thoughts on this new reel???

6 minutes ago, Joshua van Wyk said:

Wish I waited before I bought the Slx. This version looks awesome!

Well this isn't coming out for another 4 months anyway, but yeah it looks amazing! I'm sure the normal version is good enough if you aren't using finesse baits. I'm tempted to wait for this reel, but I can't. Need this new set up before the season starts

2 minutes ago, BigBass'n_Harrison said:

Well this isn't coming out for another 4 months anyway, but yeah it looks amazing! I'm sure the normal version is good enough if you aren't using finesse baits. I'm tempted to wait for this reel, but I can't. Need this new set up before the season starts

Easy fix. Get both!

I’m not liking it and very disappointed with Shimano this time. This new SLX will get 70 size MGL spool plus external adjustable brake plus 1 more bearing (I think it is gonna be main shaft bearing since no mention on X-ship and I think a lot complaining about geary feel with X-ship) plus almost double the price.

Don’t get me wrong I like SLX and don’t mind owning another one. I don’t care for refine adjustable brake one bit since this reel I use for heavier lure where I don’t need this feature. The SLX cast well by itself no need for MGL spool.

I like to see this MGL spool on Curado 70 instead and I will buy 5-6 or 7 mores.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Joshua van Wyk said:

Wish I waited before I bought the Slx. This version looks awesome!

Every version of everything looks awesome.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:04 PM, Joshua van Wyk said:

Easy fix. Get both!

That there, is aka the bait monkey option! 😎👍

1 hour ago, islandbass said:

That there, is aka the bait monkey option! 😎👍

The only option 😂

• Haha 1

This will be a gateway JDM reel worth getting. The SLX will probaly be about $230 dollars to import to the USA. There will also be a JDM Scorpion MGL (Pictured below) which will be around $300 to import. Though the prices may vary by seller when they come out.661eb95cly1fz1woezgl3j20dk0dkdgf.jpg