JustJames

Personally thanks to @quakenshake

I would like to personally give a big thanks to @QUAKEnSHAKEfor his generosity sending me a few of his Fat Ika and didn’t even ask for anything. There are a few alright a total of 8 full packs with only one missing. This is how BR community’s ruled.

Anyway, It has been rainning here in SoCal pretty much the whole week. I use this opportunity to do my Float tube project, Battery box and fish finder mount. In the meantime I received a package from Ray, opened it and was surprised of full 8 packs of Kinami Palm Tree.

I needed to run to Lowe’s today for some parts, on the way back, I told myself why not try this new awesome color Fat Ika. Got to the spot and still raining a little. I plan to just try a few cast. 

It took only 3 cast to get the first and the second one right after. I then called it quit since the last broke my line and too lazy to run back and forth to my car.

First one with this Salt water version Fat Ika.

50751103_288930201823799_224911417922499

Me getting wet and crazy.

50211492_288930215157131_683977811085492

last but not least for sure, but how in the hell im gonna be able to find these when they are gone.

50501260_288930185157134_368783640127917

• Like 14

Cool looking bait! Looks effective for stained water

Im glad you are already getting use out of them. That color has been a fish catcher for me as well.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, QUAKEnSHAKE said:

Im glad you are already getting use out of them. That color has been a fish catcher for me as well.

Yup went out again after some lunch and caught twos more even bigger before the rain got too heavy to fish. The lure seem to hold up good after these 4 fish.

2222E8DF-F226-4F25-B88C-1DFFCC2EE71E.thumb.jpeg.7248b8926d1096a68a2ee9a5b35c0a3e.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, QUAKEnSHAKE said:

Do you have pike in your waters pike like that color as well.:sad78:

I don’t know if I should say lucky me we don’t have pike or muskie here, but I wish we had more variety of fish. I don’t mind snake here either lol.

15 hours ago, JustJames said:

I would like to personally give a big thanks to @QUAKEnSHAKEfor his generosity sending me a few of his Fat Ika and didn’t even ask for anything. There are a few alright a total of 8 full packs with only one missing. This is how BR community’s ruled.

Anyway, It has been rainning here in SoCal pretty much the whole week. I use this opportunity to do my Float tube project, Battery box and fish finder mount. In the meantime I received a package from Ray, opened it and was surprised of full 8 packs of Kinami Palm Tree.

I needed to run to Lowe’s today for some parts, on the way back, I told myself why not try this new awesome color Fat Ika. Got to the spot and still raining a little. I plan to just try a few cast. 

It took only 3 cast to get the first and the second one right after. I then called it quit since the last broke my line and too lazy to run back and forth to my car.

First one with this Salt water version Fat Ika.

50751103_288930201823799_224911417922499

Me getting wet and crazy.

50211492_288930215157131_683977811085492

last but not least for sure, but how in the hell im gonna be able to find these when they are gone.

50501260_288930185157134_368783640127917

Keep using that purple and gold one and be sure to yell, Geaux Tigers, when you set the hook!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

off topic but im a og quake 1 player. 

8 hours ago, Sam said:

Keep using that purple and gold one and be sure to yell, Geaux Tigers, when you set the hook!!!!!!!

Nah, it more like this

580137C4-BBA6-49EB-BED3-67484D6FA5AA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

dang!!! I got to get me some of those. Cool looking bait

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lonnie g said:

dang!!! I got to get me some of those. Cool looking bait

PMed ya

4 hours ago, QUAKEnSHAKE said:

Have you tried the other colors?

Not yet. I don’t fish a lot only a couple hours each time so I mostly only take one rod and one bag of plastic with me. I plan to take my float tube out this Wednesday and Thursday, so I might be able to try other colors. Fishing from float tube is main reason why I want a lot of fat Ika, (will be on my drifting rod).

Your other color should work fine, they are similar enough to what I use normally. The only one in my doubt is Oxblood Purple which i’ve never used, but I’ve heard oxblood color work pretty decent here in SoCal.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, QUAKEnSHAKE said:

Have you tried the other colors?

I guess the oxblood purple color works here as well. 

50470042_290910084959144_422639684603923

• Like 3

I remember reading oxblood color consistently does well in your area. Like Castaic

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JustJames said:

I guess the oxblood purple color works here as well. 

50470042_290910084959144_422639684603923

That's one more than I caught with them 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

That's one more than I caught with them 😂

I guess now I made it worth for ya. I’ll definitely use all your Fat Ika this year. My plan is to have Fat Ika on my drift rod which doesn’t need a lot of action just drag around on my float tube. I got two rod stamp this year just for this. I hope it works.

• Like 1

I've been looking at getting some fat Ikas, but now that I've seen those colors, i'm definitely getting some!

• Like 1