Glenn

Why I Don't Buy Tackle From Ebay

1 hour ago, MittenMouth said:

By your same token you probably shouldn’t use internet message boards because they play a role in human trafficking....

Darn it all...he's onto my money making scheme.

• Haha 2

An even more secure method of transaction than PayPal is cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. Too bad not many people use it, especially in the fishing community.

No E Bay, Amazon, or Pay Pal. Tackle Warehouse or the local tackle shop at the worst case the manufacture.

Never had a credit card problem. I may pay a little more but it is not stolen and no problem with returns.

Many years ago a local tackle shop was shut down for selling stolen goods.  The guy was buying new crankbaits from local kids no questions ask.  The kids were stealing them from Wal-Mart and other tackle shops.  There are dishonest people everywhere.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:34 PM, reason said:

Yeah, but why single out Ebay? It's flea markets, garage sales, Craigslist, InterWeb Forums, social media, pawn shops, your favorite aunt, etc, etc. 

It's a big problem. Retail theft unfortunately takes a back seat to other higher priority crimes. Some jurisdictions go above and beyond, and even have dedicated organized retail theft task forces or assignments. It keeps the LP wife busy, and it's inventory time right now, so I just keep my head down for the next couple of weeks. 

^^^exactly!^^^