flippindocks

DT6 replacement hooks - KVD triple grips don't come in that size

Planning to order all sizes of replacement hooks for spoons, squarebills, dt6, 6xd, etc. All sizes are available in KVD triple grips except for the DT6 (size 5). Should I just look for a different brand that carries a size 5? I checked Owner St35/36 and they don't do size 5 either. Thanks.

I just bought a bunch of Owner ST-36BC trebles in sizes #4, 5 and 6 from TW last week. They're RB and not EWG, but they are available and should work just fine unless you are absolutely sold on EWGs.

1 minute ago, Team9nine said:

I just bought a bunch of Owner ST-36BC trebles in sizes #4, 5 and 6 from TW last week. They're RB and not EWG, but they are available and should work just fine unless you are absolutely sold on EWGs.

I just looked again and yes, i do see the Owner ST36 comes in a 5. Sorry, oversight on my part. Do they match the stock dt6 hook? Or are they longer?

2 minutes ago, flippindocks said:

I just looked again and yes, i do see the Owner ST36 comes in a 5. Sorry, oversight on my part. Do they match the stock dt6 hook? Or are they longer?

Just checked some DT-6s and they look nearly identical to me, within a millimeter or so in overall length.

That has always been my gripe about kid trebles too. Balsa lures do not like going from a size 6 to size 4 even if they are shortshank, a size 5 would be perfect. I used VMCs in the past but I think Gammys come in all size 5 or 3 in EWG shortshanks now.