Drew03cmc

In the process...

Hey guys, I just received my 4.8 Jackall Rhythm Waves and I realized that I don't have a hook for it. The baits weigh .5oz by themselves. I am wondering what you all use. I currently have some 4/0 Beasts and can grab anything else I need. I'm thinking about grabbing some 5/0 Owner weighted Twistlocks. Is there anything else you'd recommend? 

Also, the plan is to toss these on my 7'6 MH Veritas with 15# Abrazx beginning asap. Any other recommendations?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drew03cmc said:

Hey guys, I just received my 4.8 Jackall Rhythm Waves and I realized that I don't have a hook for it. The baits weigh .5oz by themselves. I am wondering what you all use. I currently have some 4/0 Beasts and can grab anything else I need. I'm thinking about grabbing some 5/0 Owner weighted Twistlocks. Is there anything else you'd recommend? 

Also, the plan is to toss these on my 7'6 MH Veritas with 15# Abrazx beginning asap. Any other recommendations?

I like to use an underspin on sunny days. This is what I use if I'm gong weedless. 

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lazer_Trokar_Swim_Blade_2pk/descpage-TKSBD.html

7 hours ago, BoatSquirrel said:

Swap that 15 for 20lb line.

Why's that exactly? I'm throwing a 4.8 Rhythm Wave, not a 9" Slammer.

4 hours ago, Drew03cmc said:

Why's that exactly? I'm throwing a 4.8 Rhythm Wave, not a 9" Slammer.

The lure itself weighs 1/2oz.  You are looking at putting a further 1/4oz hook on it.  For a 3/4oz bait, unless you are trying to get a crankbait to dive extra deep, 15 seems light to me—but you do you man. 

65 lb braid for that Slammer!

Haha, 20# for the Slammer bud. The 4.8 is .4oz and a 4/0 Twistlock with 3/32 weight. Total weight is around 5/8, maybe 11/16. Your Slammer comment reminds me that I need a 7"...