Tizi

Fuego CT or BP PQ2

I am going to purchase 2 new baitcasters.  I have the BassPro flyer for the Spring Classic and it has the PQ2 for 50% off.  How would this reel be vs the Fuego CT?  I have 2 CTs now and really like them.  Who makes the PQ2?

I believe the PQ's are Korean Doyo's (same as several others). Personally, I would stick with what you got seeing as they can be had for just a little more on E-Bay.

If you already have 2 CTs you might so well try something different.  The PQ2 is definitely different from the Daiwa Tatula reels. It is the same platform as the Lews LFS but has both a centrifugal brake and magnetic brake.  The Shimano SLX is another affordable reel worth trying if you are in the market for a sub $100 baitcast reel.  Alternatively if you like Daiwa you can save up a bit more and find an Tatula SV or the soon to be discounted Zillion SV TW.  

I have a Lews Tournament MB as well and it’s a very good reel.  And I like the Fuego. I might try the Tatula, but would like to get 2 for a $100ish.

Too bad you missed Pflueger's sale.  $60 for a Supreme XT, $40 for a President or $80 for the $200 Patriarch.

Do a search in the forums for the differences between the fuego ct and tatula ct. If your set on keeping cost down the differences (or lack of) may help you decide. 

As for the pq2 I can't say. I have a 4 year old pq and it's a solid reel for $50, but I like the fuego much more.

Fuego CT IMO. I have an older BPQ reel that I still use on a backup topwater rod but I much prefer the one Fuego CT I own.

Nothing BPS is equal to Daiwa