Hey guys and gals, my grandfather had a business in the mid 70s called aquasonic lures inc. I'm looking to start it back up, I just need some advice. Let me know what y'all think. 

aquasonic-lures-fishing-lures_1_5a2bc771df5e27.jpg

Lot-of-8-Vintage-Texas-Aquasonic-lures-Lil.jpg

1_5383e5cf51856e1a7c8decba569abae8.jpg

image_79cfb86b-3358-4202-b39b-29a81b070a23_1024x1024.jpg

Some lures catch fish and some catch fishermen if they catch fish that’s great but if you want to catch me update the colors lol seriously tho looks good and a good premise if it’s true 

The idea has come and gone many times through the years. It never seems to catch on. Most recent one I know of was by Ambush Lures called the Stealth Diver. Cabela's carried them for awhile when I worked there. We sold a few but they didn't last long. 

Image result for ambush lures stealth diver

Some of these lures look like the old Heddon Bayou Boogie. It could be tough starting up this business again. Good luck with it

Caught one of the biggest crappie in my life on that top lure! That being said, I seriously doubt that it will take off. Water flows around every bait. It's the bait body design that creates the vibrations (through water resistance) needed to trigger a strike.

I believe you'd be hard pressed to verbally convince anyone these days, that holes in the body add to, or change, the vibrations. That being said, if you could present a different vibration effect, with all our new technology available to us today, then you might have something there. Good Luck regardless! :)

15 hours ago, Mr. McBass said:

I have fished with these lures all of my life and cannot find any. Do you know where I could purchase some? Do you have any for sale? Thank you! 

Very interesting post counts... Try to sell much?

A long time ago Bought some of those Ambush lures.  Don't know why.  The company is/was located in Maryville, MO, maybe that was the reason, maybe they were made in Maryville, MO, I don't know or remember.  I do remember that about the same time these lures appeared in my neighborhood, there was an article in In-fisherman magazine about lipless cranks and these lures were featured for several paragraphs, as I recall the author had an outstanding few days fishing these baits in Mexico somewhere.  Manufacturing quality on the Ambush lures wasn't anything special and the hooks were low quality, IMO.  But I digress,

The first picture just looks like an old Pico Perch or Bayou Boogie, with a hole in it.  Send me some and I'll try them.

I'm interested to know how they compare to my favorite lipless cranks, i.e.  the old Berkley Frenzy lipless crank or the old Rapala lipless crank (both of which I forget the real names). When you've made enough to offer kits, publish it and how much and I'll probably buy one.  I prefer my lipless cranks in a shiny color.

Over the years I've had several different ideas for fishing lures, never really followed through on them and a few years later saw that idea appear on the market and someone made money on it at least for a while.   I think that the rule that applies here is nothing ventured, nothing gained.   Best of luck...

And I always thought Aquasonic Lures was my dads' (Tony Wagner) company....considering I practically grew up in the factory in Cibolo, have dozens of the like new, in box lures, all of the original drawings and designs, as well the (of course now expired and useless) patents. I used to sit and watch him make the originals to be molded. He tried to start it back up a few times. Didn't work too well, one reason the original model failed - overall too much competition and overall lack of interests, especially as the fishing craze of the 70's stagnated. But, it was nice for a while there. He spent the last few years of his life hanging out fishing on his dock in Rockport or off of his boat. Anyway, good luck with that. 

• Like 1

RUN LIKE HELL

Hello @Klonghorn, @Mr. McBass, and @mksw1969, welcome to Bass Resource and the Forums! Regarding your original post Klonghorn, if anything you could possibly have a collectors item in a few years. Good luck to you sir

• Haha 1