TotalNoob

Fuego CT - eBay Prices/Coupons?

Last August I picked up a Fuego CT on eBay ($64.95) using an ebay coupon for 15% off ... paying $55 bucks shipped. It seemed like the price of Fuegos hovered around that price all of last year and it also seemed like ebay was providing a 10, 15, or 20% coupon code about once/week.

I wasn't really watching prices on Fuegos until last July so I'm wondering what to expect this year. It looks like the Fuegos are currently hovering the ~$75 range and I haven't seen an ebay coupon code in quite some time. 

Is there anyone who's been keeping an eye on these over the last few years and might have some insight into when the prices on these might drop again and/or when the ebay discount codes might start coming again?

Screenshot_20190217-083120_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

Don't know if you have a Scheels close by but mine have them on sale for $49 bucks for a while now. Strange thing they are not even on their website.

• Like 1

I don’t do much eBay shopping (might need to start) but you are right - I recall an unusual flurry of discounts came out awhile back. I should have paid better attention and acted on them.

7 minutes ago, wasabi_VA said:

I don’t do much eBay shopping (might need to start) but you are right - I recall an unusual flurry of discounts came out awhile back. I should have paid better attention and acted on them.

Amazon still has them on sale - 20%-25% off retail - except the 8.1:1 Left Hander. Got my 8.1:1 Right Hander from here.

https://www.amazon.com/Daiwa-Fuego-Baitcast-Fishing-Reels/dp/B06VWXWGT1?th=1

Looks like the sellers caught on? I bought one for right at $50 several months back using an Ebay coupon.

8 minutes ago, TBAG said:

Looks like the sellers caught on? I bought one for right at $50 several months back using an Ebay coupon.

Yea exactly. $70-$75 still isn't a bad price for this reel it just seemed like there was a 6 mo period last year where, if you timed it right w the coupon, you could pick one up for $50-$55. Shoulda picked up a couple. 

Same thing happened with the Tatula SV. I bought my last one new on ebay for $113 and then all of a sudden the prices shot back up on them.

Bought my Fuego 3 weeks ago on Amazon for $74, today it is $92

23 hours ago, TotalNoob said:

Yea exactly. $70-$75 still isn't a bad price for this reel it just seemed like there was a 6 mo period last year where, if you timed it right w the coupon, you could pick one up for $50-$55. Shoulda picked up a couple. 

Yea, I bought two of them last spring for like $55 each.  I think Tat SVs were going for around $110-120 back then as well as I remember the pair of Fuegos was about the same price as a single Tat SV.  

On 2/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, pauldconyers said:

Don't know if you have a Scheels close by but mine have them on sale for $49 bucks for a while now. Strange thing they are not even on their website.

Paul, I bought a 7.3 and 8.1 for $49 last week. I might go see if they have another tonight. They had 2 left Friday.

Same here, $55 around Christmas.  I have my eye on the 7.3:1 and 8.1:1.  Seems like the Fuego LT has also gone up slightly.

I have 2 NIB for sale for $150 shipped..... if you are interested PM me.

1 hour ago, sll said:

I have 2 NIB for sale for $150 shipped..... if you are interested PM me.

You got any coupons? 😂

• Haha 2

On 2/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, LonnieP said:

Same thing happened with the Tatula SV. I bought my last one new on ebay for $113 and then all of a sudden the prices shot back up on them.

So true. I scored a new Tatula SV for 99 bucks on eBay when they first came out.  

I had a push notification from ebay yesterday saying there was a 10% coupon good through the 10th. I didn't open it up because I was busy - when I open the ebay app is when it shows the coupon code. 

Went to open the app this morning and I'm not seeing any coupon code... did anyone else get any notification like this or does anyone have the coupon code?

I see it. It is only for tech items from Dell 

Tuesday, March 12th

-Valid until 7pm PST TODAY (Tuesday, March 12th)

-"In-App Coupon for 15% off entire cart (excludes Tech purchases)" - It say it's only valid if used within the eBay app, so I take that to mean it won't work on the website. Get the App to get notified of these coupons. 

-Coupon Code: PSAVETODAY (apply it at checkout screen)

I believe this is the first one of these universal coupons sent all year, there had been several of these sent by this same time last year ranging from 10-20% off entire cart. The 15-20% off coupons are "sent out" in the morning and typically only good for the day they are sent out (as is in this case). 

So if you've got stuff on your watch list here's a chance to knock an easy 15% off. Hopefully more of these will come this year but it's clear they've already curtailed this coupon program from last year. Great for us bargain hunters and/or guys w/o deep pockets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Must.....resist......

Have been thinking about getting another Fuego CT in 6.3:1 to swap out with my 8.1:1 when I don't want that high a ratio. Hard to pass up at $50...