ResoKP

Which Steez On Destroyer FMJ ?

Which Steez On Megabass Destroyer FMJ ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Steez On Megabass Destroyer FMJ ?

• Steez SV TW 6.3:1
    • Steez SV TW 7.1:1
    • Steez A TWS 6.3:1
    • Steez A TWS 7.1:1

Yesterday I bought a Megabass Destroyer FMJ and a Daiwa Steez reel to pair with.

Just want to see if I made the right decision...

Will only be used for 3/8 - 1/2 oz jigs & creature baits on 20lb straight fluoro.

Which Steez would pair the best with FMJ purely from a functionality standpoint? (disregard aesthetics)

Steez SV TW 6.3:1

Steez SV TW 7.1:1

Steez A TWS 6.3:1

Steez A TWS 7.1:1

I've been using an SVTW /w 20# fluoro for heavy cover jigs for a couple years now. Love it.  Have multiples of both reels. Either will do the job great. Very, very silky smooth reels.  I replaced the spools in the Steez As /w the G1 RCS sv1016 spools. Steez A spool isn't really anything special. Another option is the 8:6  2019 Morethan. Same frame /w different aesthetics. 

56 minutes ago, ResoKP said:

Thanks for the reply. What are the benefits of the G1 RCS SV1016 spool and where can I get one?

It's the SV spool that comes stock in the Steez SVTW. You can order it from most any JDM retailer.  The stock zillion SVTW spool is a less expensive alternative that performs really well, too. The ZPI NRC PG and M spools are super for casting in the steez SVTW/A platform as well. Waiting for my PG color to show up. The A is a decent spool but relative to what's out there and what comes in others, I wasn't impressed. 

2019 Morethan PE with your choice of 103/1016 spool.  The 8.6 version has bronze gears.  It's based off the Steez A but has black paint with gold accents.  Perfection for that FMJ.  

I was actually dead set on getting the Steez SV TW but when I went to go try both of them out side by side on the FMJ, I had to choose the better balancing A over the SV.

The SV made holding the rod feel ridiculously light but it was noticeably tip heavy.

The A balanced so well. I figured it would tire me out less when fished all day and make "working the bait" much more effortless.

Was a tough choice.. but in the end, I went with the Steez A TWS..

Was also tempted to get the 6.3:1 simply because of the gold accents on the handle.. but knowing 7.1:1 is the better tool for this application, figured I could just get a set of aftermarket handles as an "upgrade" down the line and got the 7.1:1..

3 hours ago, BaitFinesse said:

2019 Morethan PE with your choice of 103/1016 spool.  The 8.6 version has bronze gears.  It's based off the Steez A but has black paint with gold accents.  Perfection for that FMJ.  

I'm with you on this.. 19 Morethan with the 8.6 bronze gears and black/gold color scheme could absolutely just be the most perfect match.

Gonna look forward to the reviews.