Munkin

Show off your work!

Banged this puppy out before work this morning. New pattern for me in some aspects.first attempt at applying rabbit fur with a dubbing loop. Smallies should love it but have a feeling ym going to lose it to a northern in short order

50193A78-3C38-4297-9EAC-3C4F99EE2143.jpeg

7EECF2F8-0A80-48AF-B7A9-FF3FE26EFAB5.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Bdnoble84 said:

Banged this puppy out before work this morning. New pattern for me in some aspects.first attempt at applying rabbit fur with a dubbing loop. Smallies should love it but have a feeling ym going to lose it to a northern in short order

50193A78-3C38-4297-9EAC-3C4F99EE2143.jpeg

7EECF2F8-0A80-48AF-B7A9-FF3FE26EFAB5.jpeg

I would love to see smalljaw to put his own spin on this pattern and post to his youtube channel.

• Like 1

I've been working on perfecting this thing and I think I'm getting close. 1oz head with a powder painted magnum blade, 10/0 Gamakatsu black nickel hook, wire keeper, upgraded line tie, no split ring connection to fail, with a hand poured 6" fat impact style trailer. Looking for some big mommas that go "thump" in the night. 

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I've been working on perfecting this thing and I think I'm getting close. 1oz head with a powder painted magnum blade, 10/0 Gamakatsu black nickel hook, wire keeper, upgraded line tie, no split ring connection to fail, with a hand poured 6" fat impact style trailer. Looking for some big mommas that go "thump" in the night. 

Looks Amazing!!

Hopefully, you don't get it snagged...

8 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Dang! That looks great!

Going through this thread makes me think I need to learn some new things 😃

• Like 2

Simple pattern, wonder if the walleye would look at them.  I kind of had smallmouth and clear water on my mind when I painted them.

20190413_235124.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Heartland said:

Simple pattern, wonder if the walleye would look at them.  I kind of had smallmouth and clear water on my mind when I painted them.

20190413_235124.jpg

Chartreuse belly and purple back squarebills have been a solid producer for me for largemouth for years. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 11:57 PM, Bluebasser86 said:

That's a pretty thing. I gotta ask about that blade and the doohickey that replaces the duo lock snap. I've never seen a setup like that. Is that a tighter action?

8 hours ago, fin said:

That's a pretty thing. I gotta ask about that blade and the doohickey that replaces the duo lock snap. I've never seen a setup like that. Is that a tighter action?

Tighter action is kind of relative with a bait this size. The line tie doesn't effect the action, it's just much stouter than a snap. The blade is poured directly onto the head so there's no split ring so it can handle the bigger fish I'm hoping for with this bait. 

5 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Tighter action is kind of relative with a bait this size. The line tie doesn't effect the action, it's just much stouter than a snap. The blade is poured directly onto the head so there's no split ring so it can handle the bigger fish I'm hoping for with this bait. 

Maybe action is the wrong word. It looks like it might not chatter or vibrate as much since there's less of a gap between the holes in the blade and the line tie, but I'm probably wrong.

Did you come up with that blade/line tie design, or did you buy that? Is that a link from a chain? I like it.

It would look even better with bigger eyes.

49 minutes ago, fin said:

Maybe action is the wrong word. It looks like it might not chatter or vibrate as much since there's less of a gap between the holes in the blade and the line tie, but I'm probably wrong.

Did you come up with that blade/line tie design, or did you buy that? Is that a link from a chain? I like it.

It would look even better with bigger eyes.

There's actually quite a bit of space in there, just hard to see in the picture. It's an actual line tie that you can buy from tackle building supply stores. 

I don't usually even put eyes on the ones I make for myself, I just did in this one for a picture. On light colored heads I'll draw an eye on with a Sharpie, otherwise I don't worry about the bait having eyes or not. 

@Bluebasser86 I need a few of those monsters.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2019 at 10:57 PM, Bluebasser86 said:

These are your lure swap item right. 😁

• Haha 1

AEBC87B8-FFA5-4A4A-8D84-092DF796CF40.thumb.jpeg.8b011d27ee1fc42a759e35f33539510c.jpeg

7C39FEF4-0279-4F20-8FC4-9A576B687C0E.thumb.jpeg.24c94eda83e3bb814d0b83d1f998ea76.jpeg

First attempt at wire tying a jig.  I didn't get the skirt super even but that will come with time.  Going to use them as bed jigs this spring. 

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, fishwizzard said:

AEBC87B8-FFA5-4A4A-8D84-092DF796CF40.thumb.jpeg.8b011d27ee1fc42a759e35f33539510c.jpeg

7C39FEF4-0279-4F20-8FC4-9A576B687C0E.thumb.jpeg.24c94eda83e3bb814d0b83d1f998ea76.jpeg

First attempt at wire tying a jig.  I didn't get the skirt super even but that will come with time.  Going to use them as bed jigs this spring. 

Love how the beaver meshes. It has a great panfish profile

10 minutes ago, Bdnoble84 said:

Love how the beaver meshes. It has a great panfish profile

It’s actually a SK Shellcracker. Great plastic with a very subtle action.  They are a huge pia to get rigged stright however. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishwizzard said:

It’s actually a SK Shellcracker. Great plastic with a very subtle action.  They are a huge pia to get rigged stright however. 

Either way, its a great looking profile. And i yes i could see that being a big PIA

R2lHHSUh.jpg

Tied up the rest of the jigheads.  I am going to end up with a million jigs I fear.

What's the best way to store skirting tabs?  I was thinking in the oem plastic sleeves kept in a worm binder? 

• Like 5

I had some blades that needed to be put   into service . These baits were poured inexpensively probably less than a dollar each .The one  on the left has a Strike King blade . I picked up a whole bunch of these with the ball bearing swivel years ago for a quarter a  pack . The middle one has Excalibur offset blades . The original bait the  wire broke off last week. On  the right, i dont know what the main blade  is or where I got it . Stanley Wedge , maybe ?  The skirts are Terminator skirts that I found on clearance . Unpainted heads .The   lead is free . I have enough lead to last me for the rest of my life  and have given away a hundred lbs of it . 

IMG_2452 (3).JPG

• Like 4

spacer.png

1/8 oz. hair and hackle

IMG_3524-X2.jpg

1/4 oz.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Will Wetline said:

spacer.png

1/8 oz. hair and hackle

IMG_3524-X2.jpg

1/4 oz.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

those are gorgeous

• Like 2

On 4/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, fishwizzard said:

What's the best way to store skirting tabs?  I was thinking in the oem plastic sleeves kept in a worm binder? 

I use something like this on my bench and label each with what color skirt tab is in the bin. Less than $20 from Harbor Freight.

Storehouse® 94375 40 Bin Organizer with Full Length Drawer

• Like 1

I work 2nd Shift so not much to do once I am off work.  Decided to paint a few in some real basic patterns that catch fish.

1.jpg

simple.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I use something like this on my bench and label each with what color skirt tab is in the bin. Less than $20 from Harbor Freight.

Storehouse® 94375 40 Bin Organizer with Full Length Drawer

You can find these at any hardware store. I use something similar for screws and whatnot in my garage. I may need to buy a second one after seeing this

• Like 2