BroIncarnate

Dobyns Fury (663SF/703SF) questions!

Hey guys!

I recently created a thread to help me decide what rod and reel to use for my first semi higher-end combo.  After reading through everyone's responses and doing some more research, I've decided to go with the Dobyns Fury spinning line (have not truly decided on 6'6" or 7'0" yet)-- but I still have a couple of questions!  Please keep in mind that I fish from the bank, usually creeks or parks at a lake and even ponds-- and I primarily fish TX rig (weighted and weightless), wacky rig, shaky rig, ned rig, spinner baits and finesse jigs--

1) I hear that Dobyns run lighter than the listed power-- do I need to go MH to get a M feel?  I currently use an Ugly Stik Gx2 Med currently for reference.

2)  I was thinking of a Pfluger President/Supreme as a reel to pair with it for now.. I was thinking about going 10lb brain to 6lb fluro leader for this setup and wanted to know what reel size that you guys recommend for this rod?

Please let me know if you have any tips for which to go with and if you think a different fishing line setup would be better for this application than braid/fluro leader, please chime in--

Thanks so much!

-Chris

I own the 7’ medium fury (fr703) and would say it fishes about right for a medium power. I primarily use this rod for senkos, small keitech and light Texas rigs 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 9:44 PM, Jcj90 said:

I own the 7’ medium fury (fr703) and would say it fishes about right for a medium power. I primarily use this rod for senkos, small keitech and light Texas rigs 

Thanks for the input!  What reel do you pair with yours?

1 hour ago, BroIncarnate said:

Thanks for the input!  What reel do you pair with yours?

Shimano nasci 2500

• Like 1