Anyone have both of these to compare?  The chronarch is significantly cheaper and I have handled it in store and liked it, haven't gotten my hands on a steez though.  I definetly prefer the curado k over the tatula sv if that makes a difference.  Will be for plastics.  

I have both. I would go with the Steez A. They are both nice reels, the Chronarch just does not hold up as well as the Steez does. For me the increased line capacity is also an advantage.

I have to say though that I am VERY impressed by th Curado K!. Not just for the money. In general. The reel is as smooth as my Antares DC. 

Consider picking up another Curado instead. The Steez A has the following advantages:
* Lighter
* In my hands better ergonomics
* Better finish
* variability with spool options

In my opinion this is NOT worth 3 x the price...

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 3:29 AM, freelancer27 said:

I have both. I would go with the Steez A. They are both nice reels, the Chronarch just does not hold up as well as the Steez does. For me the increased line capacity is also an advantage.

I have to say though that I am VERY impressed by th Curado K!. Not just for the money. In general. The reel is as smooth as my Antares DC. 

Consider picking up another Curado instead. The Steez A has the following advantages:
* Lighter
* In my hands better ergonomics
* Better finish
* variability with spool options

In my opinion this is NOT worth 3 x the price...

Cheers.

Good to know.  How would you compare them to the metanium?

15 hours ago, newyorktoiowa57 said:

Good to know.  How would you compare them to the metanium?

I also had the Metanium. But sold it over like 4 months once it started to get geary. I think the Metanium is a nice reel for the first 3 months. Then in my experience (I have seen others confirm this) it gets geary (though I deep cleaned it). Also the coating requires a lot of attention. Once the silver coating is chipped the reel looks ugly imo. The reel sits also a bit higher in the reel seat in comparison to the steez and chronarch.
The Shimano MGL reels have a slight advantage in throwing light lures (anything around 1/4 oz). 

I personally would not consider the Metanium anymore (and I usually love my Shimanos: I have 2 Conquests, 1 Antares MD DC,  2x Curado K and a Chronarch MGL). 

If you do not throw super light lures (basically if you stay 3/8oz and above) and if weight is not the most critical thing, then I would actually recommend you to go with a Curado K. You can pick them up on sale for like 130 USD on ebay. I do not think that the Chronarch is 2x better than the Curado K. The literally only benefit that I see for the Chronarch is weight. You are a young guy, that should not bother you. Also the K looks cooler ;)

30 minutes ago, freelancer27 said:

I also had the Metanium. But sold it over like 4 months once it started to get geary. I think the Metanium is a nice reel for the first 3 months. Then in my experience (I have seen others confirm this) it gets geary (though I deep cleaned it). Also the coating requires a lot of attention. Once the silver coating is chipped the reel looks ugly imo. The reel sits also a bit higher in the reel seat in comparison to the steez and chronarch.
The Shimano MGL reels have a slight advantage in throwing light lures (anything around 1/4 oz). 

I personally would not consider the Metanium anymore (and I usually love my Shimanos: I have 2 Conquests, 1 Antares MD DC,  2x Curado K and a Chronarch MGL). 

If you do not throw super light lures (basically if you stay 3/8oz and above) and if weight is not the most critical thing, then I would actually recommend you to go with a Curado K. You can pick them up on sale for like 130 USD on ebay. I do not think that the Chronarch is 2x better than the Curado K. The literally only benefit that I see for the Chronarch is weight. You are a young guy, that should not bother you. Also the K looks cooler ;)

That would leave more money for a rod as well.  I don't understand why shimano put aluminum gears in their flagship reel either. I think I am going to first buy a nicer rod and mount one of my curados on it to see how it feels first.  If I am still left wanting more, I will then add a chronarch.  

fyi; can get micro module brass gear sets for the Metaniums...Alum cuts weight, some people that split hairs it matters, to me it doesnt...for atleast one Metanium of mine, the brass gears will be installed...otherwise anything with a heavy workload, my Bantam MGL's are the workhorse ticket, oh ya brass gears along with the with core solid body frame ;)

1 hour ago, Frog Turds said:

fyi; can get micro module brass gear sets for the Metaniums...Alum cuts weight, some people that split hairs it matters, to me it doesnt...for atleast one Metanium of mine, the brass gears will be installed...otherwise anything with a heavy workload, my Bantam MGL's are the workhorse ticket, oh ya brass gears along with the with core solid body frame ;)

How does the casting performance of the bantum compare to the other MGL reels?  I have heard that the line guide is a little too close to the spool which means the casts aren't as effortless.

metanium will throw baits more effortlessly sure, but not by much...metaniums are better with throwing lighter baits but its not any kind of night/day different either in that category, so again not by much...the Bantam overall is just a smidge under metanium that way...so as far as that goes, its not any sort of huge difference honestly...Bantam can throw anything the Met can...But the Bantam is that special high performance, can do it all reel...i can spool both Mets and Bantams and have to be mindful when bombing baits out...

Different tools for different jobs...I like the Mets for certain things and the Bantams SHINE for anything workhorse related...with the added top shelf bonus of excellent casting performance, butter smooth with brass micro gears and rock solid/sound as hell reel when put through the paces under heavy loads...

In the end per my style/waters...I'll have many more Bantams than I have now in my arsenal than i will Mets...others and I have said this before and it is the truth of it, the Bantam MGL is the Conquest of low profile reels...

Otherwise my other MGL class reel is the Aldebaran but thats a separate category with comparing...